Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Wildcat 700 works good when cold, after running for about 15 minutes it will throw the code P0122 and runs really rough just for the first quarter of the throttle. From quarter throttle up it works good. If I go into diagnostics with the engine off I get 0% with no throttle, 100% with full throttle. But after it warms up, everything changes. This is what I get> The first picture is shut off, no throttle, the second picture is shut off, full throttle. Is my throttle position sensor gone? If it is, is this a dealer thing or can I change it? Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Before I changed anything I would make sure the electrical connector was clean and tight. Dielectric grease is your friend on these machines

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
Do what Mark suggested first. If it still malfunctions, buy a TPS from your local dealer. Then if you have problems installing it correctly (I doubt that you will, I've had mine off and reinstalled it w/o issue), take it to your dealer. He won't be able to complain that you are bringing a replacement TPS from an unknown source.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do what Mark suggested first. If it still malfunctions, buy a TPS from your local dealer. Then if you have problems installing it correctly (I doubt that you will, I've had mine off and reinstalled it w/o issue), take it to your dealer. He won't be able to complain that you are bringing a replacement TPS from an unknown source.
what are the steps for installing a new one how do you set it

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
This might be too simplistic, since the service manual gives voltage readings for closed and open, but I simply re-installed mine and verified that the TPS diagnostic screen shows 0 when closed and 100 when wide open. If it doesn't, loosen the screw and move the TPS, then test again.

Any time you mess with the throttle body sensors you should do a "synchronization". With the key off, hold the accelerator wide open and turn the ignition on. Hold wide open throttle for 10 seconds, then let the throttle close and wait 10 more seconds. Then turn the ignition off and wait until the gauge shuts down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This might be too simplistic, since the service manual gives voltage readings for closed and open, but I simply re-installed mine and verified that the TPS diagnostic screen shows 0 when closed and 100 when wide open. If it doesn't, loosen the screw and move the TPS, then test again.

Any time you mess with the throttle body sensors you should do a "synchronization". With the key off, hold the accelerator wide open and turn the ignition on. Hold wide open throttle for 10 seconds, then let the throttle close and wait 10 more seconds. Then turn the ignition off and wait until the gauge shuts down.
thanks i have it fixed it was the tps and it was easy to set thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts