Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's how I made my glove box not such a piece of shit

Take with a crouse file remove just enough plastic off the latch bolt to allow it to get by the sticker

Carefully spray a little silicone spray into to latch mechanism (you don't want to spread that stuff around)

Hold 2 Qtips together and spray them then swab them on both sides of the hinges (don't use oil it will attract dust)

My chick wasn't too happy the first time I hit the whoops and the glove box flew open and all her stuff inside went flying

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Mine latches, but the door drops down and the latch disengages. I bought 2 magnetic cupboard door catches. I'm going to glue the metal plates to the door, and screw the magnetic catches into the sides of the glove box. That should keep the door shut.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Something else that helps with the glove box if you put some foam or an old rag in with your stuff it dampins out some of the banging around

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine will open if I just close it normally even if I lock it. I found that if I press a little harder directly over the key hole it will latch and not open up. If that still does not work for you I think a simple solution would be to take a small 1-2" piece of material (like the material that is on the straps for the door nets). Attach it above the latch or off to one side then put a button on the other end of the strap and a button on the glove box. If I was with my cat I would take a picture with a little diagram of what I mean. Should be fairly easy/effective and will not look too bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts