Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there like an aftermarket glove box or lock for the little door because it is absolute crap. if its not locked it will come open if i go over a bump and its really hard to lock it or even unlock it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know this sounds like it wouldn't work but try it... Don't slam the door, just shut it and then take your finger and gently push in the middle of the key slot untill you hear a click. The door is convex (slight bow out at the latch) and just needs a little push IN at the latch so it can click fully locked on the catch.
The latch has no lube from the factory so a little silicone spray in the latch will keep it from sticking and does not attract dirt as bad as other lubes.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
we fixed ours by buying a cheap desk drawer latch from home depot ($8) and replaced the latch with that. Have not had any more problems.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
My glove box would not stay closed no matter how I closed it. I installed 2 magnetic catches, one on each side, and riveted the little metal plates to the inside of the door. Works great now, opens when I want it to, stays closed when I want it to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.