Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice pics, where is the oil cooler located(looks under the front hood area above foot box) if that is what I think I see :cool: ????

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
that duct comes off the rear of the CVT housing and goes upwards above the engine, it is the CVT exhaust.
But Where Does It Go ?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Looks to me like the CVT and air intakes will be under those three vents in back between them and the rad. I would say all air to everything other than the cooler up front will be passing through those 3 vents in the rear above the bed. Air filter likely under that little cover on top between the vents and the seats.

·
Registered
686 Posts
the 3 vents on the top of the bed are for the fans on the radiator to blow thru. the air filter is similar to what is on a diesel truck, it is located right above the clutch housing on the passengers side. if you notice the shiny yellowish bracket at the top of the clutch housing, this bracket holds the air filter assembly. the actual air intake i believe is supposed to be up towards the front of the machine to direct cooler air flow into the filter. i can not confirm this as i have not seen the production machines yet. the clutch intake and exhaust are routed upwards towards the vents on the bed, but they are tucked away. the vents are to allow the fans on the radiator to blow thru to expel air off the radiator.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yes. That back vent is for the clutch. The vents both go up above the engine but I couldn't tell where. Its all tucked in there good. The air cleaner is in the air box located in front of and above the right rear tire. And yes the oil cooler is up front kind of in front of where the glove box is on the right hand side. I actually took the pictures that are in the first post here. I posted them originally on arcticchat and they have been circling around the Internet like crazy! Enjoy.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
the 3 vents on the top of the bed are for the fans on the radiator to blow thru. the air filter is similar to what is on a diesel truck, it is located right above the clutch housing on the passengers side. if you notice the shiny yellowish bracket at the top of the clutch housing, this bracket holds the air filter assembly. the actual air intake i believe is supposed to be up towards the front of the machine to direct cooler air flow into the filter. i can not confirm this as i have not seen the production machines yet. the clutch intake and exhaust are routed upwards towards the vents on the bed, but they are tucked away. the vents are to allow the fans on the radiator to blow thru to expel air off the radiator.
I understand the vents on top are the rad air source, that is obvious and you can see the two fans through them. Just seems like there is plenty of space to run other things up there too that deal with air, not like those vents are right on the rad there is a lot of empty space under them.

Will be interesting to see how they did everything.

The air cleaner is above the right rear tire where?????? It seems the fuel tank is taking all that space.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The air cleaner is above the right rear tire where?????? It seems the fuel tank is taking all that space.
If you look at pic #2, right behind the right rear shock (from the view angle) you will see the standard AC airbox right above the gold colored bracket, right where that circular shape on the plastic is.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Looks Like I Will Be Moving That To A Easyer Place To Get At

·
Registered
63 Posts
I actually took the pictures that are in the first post here. I posted them originally on arcticchat and they have been circling around the Internet like crazy! Enjoy.
Thanks for sharing the pictures!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
If you look at pic #2, right behind the right rear shock (from the view angle) you will see the standard AC airbox right above the gold colored bracket, right where that circular shape on the plastic is.
Yeah that makes more sense, not above the tire really at all but forward of the shock and below the rad, above the CVT housing. I still bet a snorkel goes up and takes air in behind those vents, then gets filtered there and sends it to the engine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah that makes more sense, not above the tire really at all but forward of the shock and below the rad, above the CVT housing. I still bet a snorkel goes up and takes air in behind those vents, then gets filtered there and sends it to the engine.
I agree...I'm kinda flustered as to why on the Arctic cat site it highlights the intake in the front

1 - 20 of 31 Posts