Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Copperstatecat met me at 8pm at his shop last night and got me squared away. His family was there to say hi and it was just a pleasant experience.
Thank you Tom for taking the time to come in and get that done, it was really about the only time I could have gotten the cat. Yes I made sure to get an extra belt!

Sorry no pics guys by the time I got home it was 11pm after picking up the cat and now its torn apart :rolleyes:

I will start with the only thing I didn't like and that was the way the brakes felt. They work fine we tested them quite a bit. Not really a big deal, but it stuck in my head. The headlights were simply amazing I had no problems at 2am last night running 60mph through the desert with them. The suspension has been well covered and it performed flawlessly. If anything I almost wrecked a few times because it makes you feel all warm and safe. We did adjust the suspension more to my liking. There is a section we run my buddies xp on, you hit an s turn and floor it and hit a small jump. We hit 65-67 on his xp and the cat was doing the exact same thing. This is with 540lbs of passenger weight btw. I made a slight miscalculation on throttle on another jump and launched the cat, no way my buddies xp even with his shocks could have landed that safely. That is from him not me. He compared the stock shocks on the wildcat to his 2k plus elka and said the wildcat shocks were better and I agree. We were able to hit the rev limiter on my cat that was 72-73mph on the street. No I did not get to drag race the xp has paddles on atm and he wouldn't take them off:pat: The cats motor is just deceptive. You are just going along next thing you know you are running over 60mph and the motor is just hummin away. Its completely different from the xp. I like it but I have to pay attention until I get used to it hehe. All in all I am very happy. Having driven both in the exact same driving conditions I would take the Cat hands down.

I pulled the wet clutch today, so the cat is down for a while. Hopefully I will get the harness bar on next week and the light bar. I am very tired and I probably forgot a lot of things I wanted to post if you have any questions ask. My belt looked fine, no pieces in the cover:eek:.

Now I did make a mistake and let my buddy drive it and I really thought he was gonna flip it. He hit an off camber jump slightly sideways and the cat went in the air the same way. We came down on the front left tire hard. To me it felt like we were going on the roof but the cat leveled out quickly once the tire was on the ground and we were fine other than me wanting to smack him in the head. No damage to the cat. I really thought the rim was gonna explode. He wanted to compare it to his xp, I guess he did the same thing in that:fing26:. Been riding with him for 6 years and I trust him but he made my ass pucker lol.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Oh, by the way, we all found out today that the final production models are going through some changes that your dealer floor model does not have. Just some small changes, nothing you will miss, like the 95 horsepower as originally promised, a new race clutch, upgraded brakes and a passenger grab bar. Congrats on getting yours!

:cool:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Oh, by the way, we all found out today that the final production models are going through some changes that your dealer floor model does not have. Just some small changes, nothing you will miss, like the 95 horsepower as originally promised, a new race clutch, upgraded brakes and a passenger grab bar. Congrats on getting yours!

Great news!

For the rest of us...

:LOL:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Copperstatecat met me at 8pm at his shop last night and got me squared away. His family was there to say hi and it was just a pleasant experience.
Thank you Tom for taking the time to come in and get that done, it was really about the only time I could have gotten the cat.
Dave and I do business the old fashioned way, and were more than happy to come back. You came from a distance to do business with us, and that is genuinely appreciated! My son thought it was cool that you were so psyched to get it:cool:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Excellent.....poor Wabbit!

Glad you have a great trial run, Wabbit! Thanks for the fine report!!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tx you are so full of it, but we love you. Must be easy for you living in Texas and all.

texas queers.jpg

·
Vendor
508 Posts
Dave and I do business the old fashioned way, and were more than happy to come back. You came from a distance to do business with us, and that is genuinely appreciated! My son thought it was cool that you were so psyched to get it:cool:
Great job CopperStateCat, I love hearing about great customer service! Unfortunately our dealer is the worst :disappointed:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Its about damn time Jack! Can't you post your thoughts WHILE you drive that thing?!? I have been waiting for like 24 hours for this! That, my friend, is quite rude. You know we want instant information every minute of the day and night! I just hope your dune trip isn't like this. I expect an hour by hour synopsis with included pictures and videos during that trip. Anything less will just be a let down..........

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lmfao Dent I will do my best. Everything is either here, ordered or being shipped out for the dune trip. I think the only thing I need is bar clamps and a lighted whip.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
And a video camera to stream your live video to this site, and a portable wifi connection for your cockpit mounted laptop...............

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
And a video camera to stream your live video to this site, and a portable wifi connection for your cockpit mounted laptop...............

If he has an Android phone, he can stream live video to youtube...

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I know I am also diappointed at the lack of live streaming video of Rabbit exploiting the wildcat's capabilities. Just when I thought he a true gladiator and was all hardcore and all we find out he can't even produce a shitty cell phone pic! WTF?????

:pat:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
glad to hear you are doing the wcd! eager to know more about whether you can shift forward to reverse w/o grinding gears after wcd. and find out if changes will be needed for any other mods like ecm, and will they require sending the clutch back in to alter or can we change rollers and spring kits ourselves? does the new clutch have adjustable weight arms? been to the website, but it does not answer all my questions....lmao.. have fun! and keep us posted! more videos! and congrats!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol, hmm lets see. I get home at 11pm, unload the cat and the first thing on my mind is where is my cell phone? Easy to say so much harder in practice when you have a warmed up machine and your best friend screaming LETS GO RIDE. I can accept the fact I failed but I had a hell of a lot of fun doing it. The stock belts actually did very well accept for my wife. She is 5'2 and we might need a booster seat for her. Everytime I took her off a jump she yelled woooo hooooo so it couldn't have be that bad.

Those seats are extremely comfortable to romp in the desert on. Whoever said they sucked was smoking crack straight out of the pipe. I didn't have any issues with my legs hitting. No sore knees, no bruises(6'3 240 lbs) being driver or passenger. The lack of a grab handle oddly didn't bother me even with my suicidal buddy driving. I think it will be much better once I get the harnesses in. In the xp when we go ride its cramped, the wildcat has tons of room for 2 full size adults. Love this damn thing.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
glad to hear you are doing the wcd! eager to know more about whether you can shift forward to reverse w/o grinding gears after wcd. and find out if changes will be needed for any other mods like ecm, and will they require sending the clutch back in to alter or can we change rollers and spring kits ourselves? does the new clutch have adjustable weight arms? been to the website, but it does not answer all my questions....lmao.. have fun! and keep us posted! more videos! and congrats!
Yes pawn you can adjust the clutch with weights just like normal. I talked with Steve at benchmark last week he said they should have an ecu remap shortly. The cat doesn't engage the tranny with no throttle, I parked it several times in H without putting it in P just to see and it was fine. I could run the shifter back and forth at idle with no problems. You do not need to hit the brake to start it either. Can lean in and turn the key to warm it up without getting in it. I'll post more as it pops into my little head.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Really??? I just got back from a camping in the beach trip no comp. and is the first thing I read about this sorry to ask but where did you guys read that???

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That was Tx being Tx, hence the Texas picture I posted lol.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts