Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
How's the fishing on your trails?
Actually the Chart plotters work great so long as you get the inland Topo Maps. They have a much larger screen, which makes it way easier to see in a SxS. The Lowrance Baja unit is very popular with the off road racers. But if you look at the design & specs, it is no different than the marine chart plotter. They have the capability of adding topo maps via a San Disk card

Mike

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well said Mike. Because it is a marine unit it can handle the vibration. The GPS shown is a Eagle 502c. I run the same software as the Baja 540c. The larger screen is readable in the bright sun and is large enough for tired old eyes. Because, like the Baja, it is a legacy product you can find them pretty cheap on the Internet.

We don't see a lot of fish on the trails here in the White Mountains of Arizona, but we do in hundreds of lakes and streams. I suppose if you were a heavy drinker you might see some on the trail?

I have quite a few GPS files in both GPX and USR formats which I am willing to share if anyone would like them. They are all in the West, many around southern Arizona and Utah. If you pm me your email address I'll send them to you.

Gumball

1 - 5 of 5 Posts