Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a lot of ATV's and UTV's are getting stolen out there,
I was wondering if there are any affordable products out there that will track your rig if it gets stolen?
I have insurance, but it never seems to cover all the after market equipment or even labor you put into it.
Plus, I would personally like to catch the fucker's who steel shit from hard working people who buy them!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Spot has some device like this for tracking boats.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I have a tracker on my trailer and one on my Wildcat from gps and track dot com. Each unit has it's own cellular plan so they are always transmitting as long as there is a cell signal. I get an email every day telling me where my stuff is and I can go on the site and see them on a map.

The one on my trailer is for big rig trailers and has a 3 year battery, no wiring, and sends a ping once a day. One time purchase for 3 years of tracking. If it gets stolen I can have it activated for real time tracking.

The one on the Wildcat is a small unit for street bikes and connects to the battery, plus it has a small battery backup in case the battery gets disconnected. It can be tracked in real time on the website any time and the plan renews every year I think. It's more expensive than the trailer one but it's cool that it's always live. The down side is it will kill the battery when the car is stored and I have to keep a tender on it.

If I was to do it again I would probably get the trailer unit for the Wildcat so I don't have to worry about the battery. Just hide it somewhere and forget it for 3 years unless I need it.

I thought I would like the real time tracking so my wife could see where I am but without cell signal in certain areas of the desert it doesn't do much good. For that I got a Garmin inReach satellite tracker that I mounted to the spare tire. Now she can track me everywhere and I can send texts through the satellite if there is a problem or hit the SOS button and call the cavalry

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I just went to the site and the new trailer unit is half the size of the one I got and lasts for 5 years. Technology is a wonderful thing. About $250 for 5 years of tracking. That's what I will do on the next car

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use FIN I have one for my Honda Pioneer 1000-5 and one for the Wildcat X. They have an internal battery and will send location pings for 24 hours if the power is cut to track your equipment down. And since I have these my insurance rates for both of my SxS's get a discount. They were $500 per unit and its a cheap yearly subscription $80 maybe $100 yearly per device I will confirm that with the wife she handles the bills. The first night with it we didn't get any sleep acorns were setting it off along with the cat its a little unnerving to get a call the Honda is moving at 2 am and its the cat checking it out. Anytime the SxS is jostled or moved you start getting text alerts. We set the pings to hit the MIL's phone in the event we do break down she can send someone to find us and give our location and it has pin point accuracy if we stop out in the forest we get a call are you OK the Honda hasn't moved in an hour or what are you doing at Wal-Mart the last ping was their parking lot.

FIN GPS Tracker

·
Registered
20 Posts
I noticed a lot of ATV's and UTV's are getting stolen out there,
I was wondering if there are any affordable products out there that will track your rig if it gets stolen?
I have insurance, but it never seems to cover all the after market equipment or even labor you put into it.
Plus, I would personally like to catch the fucker's who steel shit from hard working people who buy them!
Have accessories in your policy as long as I have proof of purchase my accessories are reimbursed in the event one of mine was stolen with progressive. Our Honda is $500 a year and the AC it was double but our FIN tracker got us a discount not sure what it is now. I bought majority of my accessories through Amazon I can print out my purchase history.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts