Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We noticed the thread about gps in the sport section. We have 400 miles of GPS tracks for Brimstone and Trails End in Huntsville, TN that work with your phone (iPhone or Android) for sale.

We have the phone with us anyway, didn't have to buy another piece of equipment, there are lots of cheap mounting options. They are small enough to not get in the way and a 3.5-7" screen is just the right size in the cat. We have an inexpensive cell phone mount screwed to the center windshield support. Working on Royal Blue and Windrock. We include instructions on how to use a couple of apps for Android and iPhone. PM if you are interested.

Reactions: RickSinGA

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Nice piece of software. I loaded it on my Samsung Android phone running BackCountry Navigator Pro from the Google Playstore for $11.99, if memory serves. Haven't ridden with BattleCat's utility yet but the trail detail and annotations look excellent. I have used my phone and the El-cheapo Walmart mount without any problems, easy to see and surprisingly stable. BackCountry Navigator Pro by itself is a very useful tool but with this utility loaded into it you can really plan, keep up to date and always pinpoint where you are on the trails. It also marks useful info like trail difficulty, closures, steep climbs, waterfalls, picnic areas, caves etc etc etc.

Can't wait to get RRB and Windrock; I get lost a lot there; well, to be honest, at most places I go.

Rick S.

Reactions: Tn32268

·
Registered
174 Posts
I use one called idahotrails.gov. It's an interactive web site that you can browse online. Somewhere on the site which I can't seem to locate you can download the .kmz files for all the trails in the state which I've done. Then load it into Garmin base camp and you can route plan straight to your GPS. Also gives the option to choose what type of trail to ride and any restrictions.

So far I've used it a lot just planning routes to places I've never been before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts