Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Own a 2020 Wildcat XX, I recently purchased the greasing tool for the wheel bearings. Glad I did, only 1600 miles and already slight scoring on outside of rotor race, the surface that contacts the inside of the bearing. I removed it easily with steel wool but some very slight pitting remained. Verdict is, better pay attention to those bearings. Very difficult to identify OEM grease, looks like white lithium. I chose the Valvoline HD Palladium water resistant with 500 F degree dropping point for wheel bearings. I hope it's compatible. NAPA stocks it. Not too tough a job, videos on You Tube. Torque the bearings to correct load.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yea they come from the factory pretty much dry.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I got mine off Ebay, but that was years ago.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does anyone know where to get a greasing tool for the XX? Amazon is out of stock, Revco and Royal only sell the tool for other brands. Try the dealer?

They come and go. Get it now or save to your wishlist and keep checking. It'll be back in stock.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Own a 2020 Wildcat XX, I recently purchased the greasing tool for the wheel bearings. Glad I did, only 1600 miles and already slight scoring on outside of rotor race, the surface that contacts the inside of the bearing. I removed it easily with steel wool but some very slight pitting remained. Verdict is, better pay attention to those bearings. Very difficult to identify OEM grease, looks like white lithium. I chose the Valvoline HD Palladium water resistant with 500 F degree dropping point for wheel bearings. I hope it's compatible. NAPA stocks it. Not too tough a job, videos on You Tube. Torque the bearings to correct load.
I have used Bell Ray molybdenum grease for years on my desert race cars. Absolutely no sign of wear ever.

·
Registered
2018 XX with Speed 77” kit tuned by ST. Speedwerx Extreminator motor/clutch.Simpson seats & belts
193 Posts
X2 on 775 products! If I didn’t 3D print the ones I have I would’ve bought from 775.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thank you. I checked on Ebay there is a guy in Tennessee I think that makes them, and markets on that platform. About $114.00 Cdn incl. postage.
I'm going to call the local dealer, see what they can do.
I bought mine off of Facebook for like 49.99 and it works awesome!
on another note get yourself an impact that will support the 250 foot lbs of torque on the bearings.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I found out what riding in north central Pennsylvania does to stock bearings without grease. 850 miles on my xx and all 4 wheel bearings are shot as well as all 4 spherical bearings and both outer tie rod ends.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts