Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, been a while since I posted anything. Between the site getting hacked, and moving from Alaska to Texas things have been rather crazy to say the least. Anyways, finally got to ride the cat the other day and I forgot how much I hate the half windshield! Im 6ft and my line of sight is directly in line with the curve at the top of the half windshield. I really like the look of it on the cat and it defiantly cuts the wind burn down to nothing. I just can get over having to either chock up on the wheel or sink way down so I can see better when Im pushing 60mph + down a trail. Has anyone else had this issue? What have yall done to correct it besides going out and getting a full windshield or removing it? Thanks for the help and its good to be back.

·
Registered
529 Posts
For me its the A/C full flip up windshield. Open on the slow trails closed on the fast ones.
You need a back window with the full windshield or else you get a lot of dust in the cab.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey yall, been a while since I posted anything. Between the site getting hacked, and moving from Alaska to Texas things have been rather crazy to say the least. Anyways, finally got to ride the cat the other day and I forgot how much I hate the half windshield! Im 6ft and my line of sight is directly in line with the curve at the top of the half windshield. I really like the look of it on the cat and it defiantly cuts the wind burn down to nothing. I just can get over having to either chock up on the wheel or sink way down so I can see better when Im pushing 60mph + down a trail. Has anyone else had this issue? What have yall done to correct it besides going out and getting a full windshield or removing it? Thanks for the help and its good to be back.
I had the exact problem. I ended up cutting the windshield down and the cut line was right where it started to curve up. I put blue masking tape on both sides and marked it with a sharpie and cut it off. I went to Autozone and bought a black door edge kit ($4) to put over the cut edge. So know I look over it and not through that annoying curve. The windshield moves a little in the wind because some of the support was cut out but the edge kit helped to firm it a bit. It is still fine though. The wind is still off of your body but it is directed more into your face. I would cut it again and if I could not, it would not be on my machine.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm 6-1 and had the same problem. I put on a flip up and it's much better, but now I get exhaust fumes. I put an elbow on the muffler outlet and it helped keep most of the exhaust out. I may try taking out the bottom half of the flip up and putting a brace across there for the upper W/S half to seat on when the W/S is flipped down and latched or partly open. That would let enough air in under the W/S to keep the fumes out.

·
Registered
352 Posts
image.jpeg I'm 6'2" and with my PRP seats they put me lower and this is what I did to my 1/2 AC windshield it keeps the wind of the knuckles

Reactions: de3

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I think im going to cut a little box section out and put some black trim like AZ52 did. I will post pics to see what I come up with. Also I just blew a tire, damn big horns, I was just driving in a field. So, im waiting on tires coming from Cali. I guess Im the only person in San Antonio with a freaking wildcat X, and no one has 11in wide tires in town.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
wildcat 015.jpg
I hated the way it was stock also so I did a little trim'n and paint

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
drako1 gave me the idea in the first place. Mine looks like his but still clear.
You did that? That looks really good. What did you use to cut through the plastic?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Follow up

Hey guys I finally had time to do my half windshield mod. I really like it and think I didnt do half bad. I used blue painters tap a hack saw and then transitioned to a reciprocating saw and had to have a second person hold the windshield while I cut it. Let me know what yall think and I should be post a how to video soon. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
You did that? That looks really good. What did you use to cut through the plastic?
I just used an oscillating power tool. It is not hard to cut and even if your cut line moves up or down a little or looks a little rough, it is hidden by the edge kit you install after the cut is done. The blue tape is important so you do not mark up the windshield with the cutting tool. When mine was done and the edge was installed it looked like that was how it always was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts