Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the AC half windshield last night. Took the trail for a spin half hour ago about 6 miles round trip. 50 degrees and started out around 35-40 mph. blew my cap off my head and my wolfsnout mask came off my face. Made adjustments, got to 50-55mph lots of cool air rushing over me like i had no windshield at all. Today on this ride no noticeable heat in the cab.
Will see what happens on a warmer day. I was pleased on this ride that i didn't feel like a baked potato.

Reactions: Retro6

·
Registered
234 Posts
So you did the half windshield to help keep you cool?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep so far it worked. took off the full windshield and put on the half

Reactions: Jerrybizzle

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Installed the AC half windshield last night. Took the trail for a spin half hour ago about 6 miles round trip. 50 degrees and started out around 35-40 mph. blew my cap off my head and my wolfsnout mask came off my face. Made adjustments, got to 50-55mph lots of cool air rushing over me like i had no windshield at all. Today on this ride no noticeable heat in the cab.
Will see what happens on a warmer day. I was pleased on this ride that i didn't feel like a baked potato.
...what "adjustements" you made???

i tried to remove the plastic pieces that made the air gap- but it was more worse- mounted back but still too much air and bugs on face and chest (for now)!?

go now to opposite and full WS- maybe change back in summer when real hot....;- ()

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I thought people got the half windshield to help block the wind in the cooler weather and stay warmer, without losing the visibility of a dirty full windshield.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
depending on driver height the half windshield can do either, block the wind or direct it into your face. Mine is high enough the wind goes over my head for the most part but taller passengers get wind right in the face.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

i tried to remove the plastic pieces that made the air gap- but it was more worse- mounted back but still too much air and bugs on face and chest (for now)!?

go now to opposite and full WS- maybe change back in summer when real hot....;- ()

the adjustments i made were for my hat and dust mask

Reactions: DRock

·
Registered
8,236 Posts

You need a taller window or a shorter body

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
At 6' even and a 2" seat risor, I do get the wind in my face a bit. The nice thing is I am not looking at the top of the 1/2 windshield and dealing with the distortions. I have an EMP back window and inner door panels, so I do get some heat in the cabin. Plan to eliminate that some with dual fans in place of the plug cover with vents. Might have to add DEI to the tunnel too.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Not too bad on dust if you have a rear panel.. It's getting warmer here now so I put my half on today.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What half windshield ?

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
The post is 4 years old and is probably not still active.

Reactions: mtgott
1 - 15 of 15 Posts