Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet another harness bar question for you fine folks. I'm in search of a rear harness bar for my newly acquired 2014 4x. the front seats have harnesses installed and I now have the harnesses for the back. The dragonfire bar seems to be on infinite back order, the factory utv one appears to be 5 weeks out, and I can't weld to save my ass, let alone my passengers. I have two kids bugging me about when they go for a ride. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
27,969 Posts
Welcome MDNUSA. We'll, couple of ways to look at it. I'm glad you're actively looking for a harness bar, and due to COVID everything is back ordered / out of stock. You can still drive your car, drive within your limits. Drive somewhere you know, and not too challenging. Don't speed if you don't have the safety equipment, and never, I repeat never do doughnuts. Sure way to roll over.

·
Premium Member
2,662 Posts
This assumes that the rear frame structure and plastic on the 4X is the same as a two seat X. I think that is correct, but I've never really compared the two. That said, here is my under-the-plastic harness bar:

If you can weld (or braze) just a little bit, you can make this under-the-plastic harness bar. The cross bar goes through holes in the diagonal links at the ends, so the welding or brazing doesn't bear the load if the harnesses get used. The links bolt on with the shock bolts. You can't quite see the vertical bars that keep the harness bar from folding down. The fussiest part was locating the mounting tabs for the radiator, and figuring out how wide the harness bar could be to fit under the plastic.

I made another when I went turbo and stuffed a second radiator under the plastic. It sat higher, and I added a center support. The vertical standoff next to the mounting bar at the end is more visible in this version & picture. The center support clamps to the frame with a pair of muffler clamps. Nothing is welded to the frame - it just bolts into place, with the standoffs sitting on top of the frame crossbar.

I still have the second bar, just in case I ever find a buyer for my turbo kit and they want the second radiator. If you wanted something like the width measurement (to fit under the plastic) I could get that for you.

The harness straps drape over the harness bar and are attached (wrapped) around the frame tube. I suppose it is actually more of a harness guide, to set the height properly. Getting the harness length set just right takes patience - there isn't a lot of room to work in there with everything assembled.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for taking the time to reply!! That’s a lot of good info there. I’m going to look into doing something similar

·
Registered
2016 Wildcat Trail Special Edition
4 Posts
Can you properly use a 4 point harness with the stock wildcat seats or do you need to change the seats?

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Can you properly use a 4 point harness with the stock wildcat seats or do you need to change the seats?
Sports and trail seats allow the harnesses to be used with good angles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts