1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
27,555 Posts
Nice information, making this a sticky!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here is an alternative mounting. I could not use a mounting bar because it would interfere with my rear windscreen and tank mounting bar. The rear plastic body must be removed to drill the holes in the frame cross member. Then the plastic is replaced and drilled from below using the previously drilled holes in the cross member as a guide. I used grade 8 hex socket head cap screws because they are strong and look good. Washers or spacers must be inserted to take up the slack between the plastic and cross member. The harness lower ends are attached using the stock belt anchor points. An extension strap is needed on the center anchor points because the webbing hardware would not fit in the plastic channel. Oh, and by the way, that is not rust in the cap screw---it is good old Southern Utah dust.
IMG_20160508_192618238.jpg IMG_20160312_163345176.jpg

·
Administrator
27,555 Posts
Here is an alternative mounting. I could not use a mounting bar because it would interfere with my rear windscreen and tank mounting bar. The rear plastic body must be removed to drill the holes in the frame cross member. Then the plastic is replaced and drilled from below using the previously drilled holes in the cross member as a guide. I used grade 8 hex socket head cap screws because they are strong and look good. Washers or spacers must be inserted to take up the slack between the plastic and cross member. The harness lower ends are attached using the stock belt anchor points. An extension strap is needed on the center anchor points because the webbing hardware would not fit in the plastic channel. Oh, and by the way, that is not rust in the cap screw---it is good old Southern Utah dust.
View attachment 109778 View attachment 109786
Please tell me that you don't ride with gas cans mounted behind your head?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I can help you clean that up & make it safe. Not to criticize but you have nothing solid there in the case of a wreck. PM me if you are interested

·
Registered
31 Posts
The passenger is sitting on 7 gallons of gasoline in all Wildcat Trails.
However, the gas can is moving to the yet-to-be-purchased rear cage. Then I will carry two water cans instead of one.

·
Administrator
27,555 Posts
The passenger is sitting on 7 gallons of gasoline in all Wildcat Trails.
However, the gas can is moving to the yet-to-be-purchased rear cage. Then I will carry two water cans instead of one.
Yes, I know where the gas tank is. Glad you intend to move it. Gas high, behind your head is never a good idea.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes if that cap on that Can leaks & spills gas down the back of you neck you have a problem. Do you have a fire extinguisher? ONLY Carry extra Gas if you REALLY need it & then use it as soon as the tank has room to take it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
One more thing NHRA ( who sets the rules for cars that have wrecks @ 300+ MPH and people walk away) says your shoulder mounts shouldn't be above 90 degrees to line of you spine ( not above your shoulders) and not more the -10 degrees below. This prevents you from extending your back or compressing it in the case of a wreck

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
One more thing NHRA ( who sets the rules for cars that have wrecks @ 300+ MPH and people walk away) says your shoulder mounts shouldn't be above 90 degrees to line of you spine ( not above your shoulders) and not more the -10 degrees below. This prevents you from extending your back or compressing it in the case of a wreck
Those folks have custom built seats/cages that allow the correct placement of the harness, The full size cat seats has a strap opening that is at a fixed height which may or may not correspond to the drivers height. The trails have a little more adjustment however both machines harness bars are at a predetermined height. So it's all a crap shoot based on the riders height. The lack of a slider on the factory seat makes it hard for some shorter legged people to reach the pedals as well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My bar is adjustable in height by 5" so I can set it where it is most comfortable & or correct. The seats will move up to about 3" by loosening the 4 screws moving the seat on the base them tighten em up on the T's & S's. Really the cockpit is to small for someone over 6ft.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I cut a 1/4"x 2 1/2"slot In the top edge of my firewall so the harness can attach to the upper support brace of the firewall. I got the 2" harness and it does fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello new to the forum ive got a 2017 wildcat trail needing some good info on trying to match or if anybody has one for sale a kids middle seat

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just installed a utv inc middle seat but haven’t tried it yet. They make one for the trail I’m pretty sure

Sean

1 - 18 of 18 Posts