Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I looking for people who are 6'5" or taller that have test drove or sat in a Wildcat. I'm 6'6" 265lbs and I really want to pull the trigger on a sxs since i'm tired of my quad. I've tried out a rzrS and and a 900 XP and more then likely to be truly comfortable in either I would have to cut the bottom part of the dash off in the center where your right knee goes. Just last week I saw a can am commander where I ride and I asked the guy if I could sit in it. The leg room was better but I felt like my body was squished on the sides. I haven't called around yet to any Arctic cat dealers to see if they have a WC for me to sit in. Just looking to see if anyone my size has tried the WC and how you fit in it. Thanks!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Wildcat has the most room of any of them.

Reactions: pawnman

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I'm 6'3" and so is Jackrabbit. The Wildcat is the only side by side that is even going to be close. I think you will be fine in one. I had more than enough room in the one I drove..............

·
Registered
102 Posts
While we were at the demo rides I talked to a guy that was riding in the same group as us that was 6'4 270ish and said he was plenty comfortable.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
I am 6'5" and 300 lb. Build like one a running back. I have test drove one for about a hour . I had plenty of room . I have a commander x and it does feel better than rzr-s that i own too. There is a whole lot more room in the wildcat. The ride of a wildcat is like ridiing in a cadiliac cts-v. Roomy, smooth and comfortable with the power of a sports car. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Reactions: pawnman

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Excel I am 6'3 240 my buddy is around 6' and 290. We both fit and our elbows do not touch nor our knees. I think you will fit fine there is a lot more room in the cat than an xp etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I just called a local Arctic cat dealer and they have a Black WC in the showroom. I'm going to take a ride up tomorrow to check it out and sit in it . I'll try and take some pictures of the leg room when I'm in it with my phone.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
man you gay are big i will not get in to it with you all em 5 11 175lb and you all are right rzr is not comfortable but you have to give up some of that for all that speed

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
There you go again Wildone. Why do you keep calling us big guys gay?? Just because we are taller doesn't make us gay. Except maybe Jackrabbit................

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
:supergay::fing26::fing26::loser::couch::wtf1::asshole:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I sneaked out of work and ran up to the AC dealer to sit in the WC. They had a black one on the floor #75. I was talking to the owner and it wasn't sold yet. So the moment of truth arrived as I opened the door and climbed in. Well I fit pretty good. Left leg/knee rested nicely on the top of the door. Right leg was no where near hitting the dash. The ONLY problem I saw was when the shiftier was in H me knee almost wanted to rest on it. When it was in Park I had plenty of room. The owner saw that and said if the shift pattern was reversed it would be perfect. So I'm not real crazy about where my right knee is ending up when I rest my leg to the side when my foot was on the gas pedal. If I keep my leg straight it's fine but I don't know how comfortable that would be over a long period of time. It almost as if I need some sort of brace I could rest my lower leg against sort of like I do with my center console in my car. There seems to be about an inch of space between the back of the seat and body but there is no seat adjustment.

So I don't know what to do now. I might have to go sit in a XP again make sure the seat is as far back as possible and see if cutting the dash will give me the leg room I need. Decisions Decisions.........

·
Registered
186 Posts
Wildcat has the most room of any of them.
I'm 6'3" and so is Jackrabbit. The Wildcat is the only side by side that is even going to be close. I think you will be fine in one. I had more than enough room in the one I drove..............
I am 6'5" and 300 lb. Build like one a running back. I have test drove one for about a hour . I had plenty of room . I have a commander x and it does feel better than rzr-s that i own too. There is a whole lot more room in the wildcat. The ride of a wildcat is like ridiing in a cadiliac cts-v. Roomy, smooth and comfortable with the power of a sports car. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
Excel I am 6'3 240 my buddy is around 6' and 290. We both fit and our elbows do not touch nor our knees. I think you will fit fine there is a lot more room in the cat than an xp etc.
I am not sure why my experience would be so different, but I sat in one today and I think the RZR has more room.
There is less leg room in the WC and the steering wheel is too close to your body.
It is also harder to get out of because the "door sill" slopes up towards the front making it harder to get your foot out the side when exiting.
I was very disappointed.
I am much more comfortable in the RZR.
I don't think I will be buying one unless the 2013 version is longer in the cab. (not happening)
For the record I am a big guy at 6' and 300lbs. for the average size guy the WC might fit fine. for me the RZR fits better. They could all use another 6-8" of leg room though.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
huh? i own both, i guarantee you, the wildcat has more leg room. but, i am only 5'9, but i can fully extend the left leg on the cat, you cannot do that on the rzr. it is higher entry for the leg though. but if your too old to climb in, well..??? lol and plusssshhhhhh seats to boot!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well I know for me I can straigthen my legs completely in the wc. I cant do that in the rzr and my knees just about hit the dash along with having to grab my leg to pull it back far enough to swing it out of the footwell when exiting. I also like the placement of the steering wheel closer to me. Look at auto racing and you will see they all have the wheel close to them. This is because you can get more leverage on the wheel and its less straining on your arms and upper body to keep your arms closer to you than having them extended out far from your body. I can sit in the wildcat with a passenger and not touch them but in the rzr we will be touching elbows or shoulders.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I guess it depends on how each person fits then.
The RZR has more room for me.
I have long arms, so maybe that is why I like the steering wheel placement in the RZR better. It is definitely closer in the WC.
My left knee hurt when sitting in the WC because of the wheel well being so close to the seat. The RZR has more room there for me as well. maybe the seat in the WC is lower.

Again, you can't argue about whether or not someone is more comfortable in one or the other. just posting my honest opinion.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts