Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of scraps, bits and pieces all over the place message-wise.. It would be good to have one thread dedicated to the topic.

Of interest would be -
  • Whose kit did you use (links please)
  • What was the cost
  • What was the degree of difficulty
  • How well did it perform
  • Was it an excessive load on your electrical system (note other electrical options installed please)

Thanks!

·
Administrator
27,747 Posts
I did it the easy way, bought the seats from Twisted Stitch with the heaters already installed. They do keep your butt and lower back toasty!

·
Administrator
27,747 Posts
Sorry don't remember the cost, got them from UTV Inc who installed them for me. Once again, performed great, and I didn't notice any extra load. I ran them, my 40 inch light bar, head lights, Rugged Radio, and had no problems.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Last time i looked into this you could get the carbon fiber trim to fit pads for 20 bucks per seat and up depending on what was included. I have plenty of switches, wire, ect so its a cheap easy project.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sorry don't remember the cost, got them from UTV Inc who installed them for me. Once again, performed great, and I didn't notice any extra load. I ran them, my 40 inch light bar, head lights, Rugged Radio, and had no problems.
Rugged radio? can you post a link to that?

·
Administrator
27,747 Posts
Rugged radio? can you post a link to that?
You might not have understood my answer. He asked if there was a drain, and I listed everything I ran at once, and i.had the Rugged Radio intercom on, and listening to the Ipod along with everything else.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

·
Administrator
27,747 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
I did a write up on my heated seats. They keep you toasty. I'm pretty sure I posted the Amazon link in my write up and it was like 40-60$ if I remember correctly

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did a write up on my heated seats. They keep you toasty. I'm pretty sure I posted the Amazon link in my write up and it was like 40-60$ if I remember correctly
Could you post a link here to your write up please?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

·
Administrator
27,747 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
This forum software is a PITB when trying to copy from one thread to another and no Permlink capability...

well, look in this area if you're interested..

http://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/wildcat-trail-trail-xt/10039-diy-projects-trails-5.html

34 with snow/rain at Tall Pines Atv Park. Heated seats work great but I only have high cause I tried rewiring it with different switches and ran out of time. High is a little to much I think low would work out good. High I have to keep turning on and off but definantly worth it.

·
Registered
188 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great info!!! Thanks for the link and the pics!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts