1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
27,589 Posts
Welcome Mr. International, nice car!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
It's great to get some more Speed cars on here. I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience. I have almost 2000 miles on my SpeedXX #32 and it has been great.

IMG_20190906_185502047.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Great looking car! Looking forward to your posts - it was downright mean to mention that you have 3200 miles and then... no details!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its been a big learning curve. A few shake down rides on the fire roads in Northern California putting on the first 500, jumping into pre-running the 2018 Baja 1000 approx 1400 miles in 10 day. Keep in mind when I say pre-running it wasn’t a slow trail marking drive, we were flat out giving these thing all we could. The carnage started with tie rods not having lock title and loosing up, A arms also loose, then on to overheating in the washes had to bleed the system better and made a better air dam to force more air through the radiator. Then got too excited after chasing down a pre-runner in the San Felipe whoops and punched a hole through my transaxle, thanks to Robby he sent one of his guys to the border with a new transaxle and i was back on the road. I can’t forget the most annoying was all the broken temporary axles we had to keep repairing. sheered the bolts of my steering box in the silt beds 80 miles from the nearest road. First fix took me 40 miles the second fix took me all the way to the end in Ensenada as well through my next trip we and a half later in the sand dunes for thanksgiving week. Also it’s important to say we didn’t have a chase truck full of tools and parts we only has a small bag of tools that we collected over the first few days of having to run to the Mexican auto zone in San Felipe to find stuff to fix our damage. We were unknowingly the R&D department for speed sxs. As it turned out Mexico was the shake down ride. After that we’ve found trails that take us From my home in Chico,Ca all the way to Tonopah, Nevada, with only a water pump issue and oil changes. Last week I started a full rebuild for this year Baja pre run, then we are going to race one of Robby’s Dacar sxs in the 1000. I’m going to start a post on the rebuild maybe tomorrow

·
Administrator
27,589 Posts
Great pics! Love the rock for leverage! Carnage at it's best, you got to do what you got to do to keep running. Great job!

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Great pics! Love the rock for leverage! Carnage at it's best, you got to do what you got to do to keep running. Great job!
like the old john wayne quote..." a man's got to do what a man's got to do"

IMG_0614.JPG

Reactions: Hollywood

·
Administrator
27,589 Posts
Reactions: DeanTeck

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Well its been a big learning curve. A few shake down rides on the fire roads in Northern California putting on the first 500, jumping into pre-running the 2018 Baja 1000 approx 1400 miles in 10 day. Keep in mind when I say pre-running it wasn’t a slow trail marking drive, we were flat out giving these thing all we could. The carnage started with tie rods not having lock title and loosing up, A arms also loose, then on to overheating in the washes had to bleed the system better and made a better air dam to force more air through the radiator. Then got too excited after chasing down a pre-runner in the San Felipe whoops and punched a hole through my transaxle, thanks to Robby he sent one of his guys to the border with a new transaxle and i was back on the road. I can’t forget the most annoying was all the broken temporary axles we had to keep repairing. sheered the bolts of my steering box in the silt beds 80 miles from the nearest road. First fix took me 40 miles the second fix took me all the way to the end in Ensenada as well through my next trip we and a half later in the sand dunes for thanksgiving week. Also it’s important to say we didn’t have a chase truck full of tools and parts we only has a small bag of tools that we collected over the first few days of having to run to the Mexican auto zone in San Felipe to find stuff to fix our damage. We were unknowingly the R&D department for speed sxs. As it turned out Mexico was the shake down ride. After that we’ve found trails that take us From my home in Chico,Ca all the way to Tonopah, Nevada, with only a water pump issue and oil changes. Last week I started a full rebuild for this year Baja pre run, then we are going to race one of Robby’s Dacar sxs in the 1000. I’m going to start a post on the rebuild maybe tomorrow
That's awesome. We need to get together. I did the Baja 500 prerun with Robby and only 3 Wildcats showed up along with some X3's, an RS1, and a pre-runner. I'll be at the 500 prerun again next year whether they want me or not. We were the only SXS in the group with tools, parts, food, and beer. And the only one with zero problems. Prep makes all the difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts