Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I currently don't own a WC, but have found a brand new 2014 WC Trail XT at a dealer and think I can get a great deal. Is there any reason to consider a 2015 or 2016 instead of the 2104? Roof vs no roof? We are thinking the first accessories will be winch, and plow. Any recommendations before we make the leap?

Thank you!
CPS_Wildcat

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Welcome to the Wildcat Forums - First purchase should be a harness bar w/harnesses - Safety first - The seat belts will dig into your neck and quite uncomfortable. Also you may want to call MLS Powersports in Kentucky - They ship nationally and usually can beat your local dealers price. If I could get the 2016, that's the one I'd go with but obviously the 14 and 15's will be coming down in price considerably. The less you buy from the dealer the more money you save - Most aftermarket is found cheaper and better on this forum with all the vendors. This includes, roofs, winches, tires, power steering and the list goes on. That alone will save you from spending too much on items you can possibly get for hundreds of dollars cheaper. The vendors on this site are really good to deal with and very knowledgable. I suggest you look at the thread for the Trail to see what Tips/Tricks to do and any gotcha's to look out for - We've had well over a year to find every single issue with these machines and have projects that address almost everything. GL with the purchase -

·
Administrator
27,562 Posts
Welcome CPS_Wildcat. If you can get a great deal, go for it! Definitely look into harnesses, and a harness bar as soon as possible. There are no stupid questions, ask as many as possible, or needed. I second going to the Trail section, touch the forum tab, it will take you to all the sub sections. In the Trail section, member cr724, made a great thread about potential problems and fixes. Most were on the early Trails. Make sure the Trail you plan on getting is equipped with all the latest fixes from AC. Good luck.

·
Administrator
27,562 Posts
Oh, by the way, where's Mitten?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hollywood, thanks for the welcome. Mitten=Michigan lower peninsula. I guess this dealer still has the 2014 because it's the first year model and people would rather have the new model figuring AC fixed the initial problems. I figure if I can get the right deal the money saved will cover an extend warranty and some accessories. I may look closer at a 2016 since AC is offering the 2 year extended warranty with purchase.

·
Administrator
27,562 Posts
Hollywood, thanks for the welcome. Mitten=Michigan lower peninsula. I guess this dealer still has the 2014 because it's the first year model and people would rather have the new model figuring AC fixed the initial problems. I figure if I can get the right deal the money saved will cover an extend warranty and some accessories. I may look closer at a 2016 since AC is offering the 2 year extended warranty with purchase.
Well, since you are new, and might not know, I suggest you give MLS a call. MLS is a supporting vendor, and probably one of the biggest AC dealers out there. They also ship units anywhere. Their deals usually can't be beat, even with shipping costs are cheaper than other dealers. Worth a shot to make a call. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well we took the WC trail and RZR trail for a test ride yesterday. We found things we like about box. Now it's decision time. Wish we had an Arctic Cat dealer closer, nearest is over an hour away. That means everytime it goes in for service it 4+ hours of travel. We hàve Polaris dealer 15 minutes away. So why should we buy the WC over the RZR, other then price?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Well we took the WC trail and RZR trail for a test ride yesterday. We found things we like about box. Now it's decision time. Wish we had an Arctic Cat dealer closer, nearest is over an hour away. That means everytime it goes in for service it 4+ hours of travel. We hàve Polaris dealer 15 minutes away. So why should we buy the WC over the RZR, other then price?
Well if you go with the Rzr at least you will only have to drive 15 minutes for the dealership to deny you warranty claim vs the hour of so one way for AC to make it right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well we're working with a local deal to see what kind of deal the can get us on a 2016 WC Trail Special Edition. The currently don't have one in stock. They are trying to get us to work a deal on aa 2014 XC Trail XT, EPS added and a 2 year warranty for $12,500.
We decided the RZR is not worth the extra cost over the WC.
Thanks for all the replies.

·
Administrator
27,562 Posts
Well we're working with a local deal to see what kind of deal the can get us on a 2016 WC Trail Special Edition. The currently don't have one in stock. They are trying to get us to work a deal on aa 2014 XC Trail XT, EPS added and a 2 year warranty for $12,500.
We decided the RZR is not worth the extra cost over the WC.
Thanks for all the replies.
Good luck, let us know if you get it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I live in Michigan and used every dealer in this state and BEST DEALER IN MICHIGAN BY FAR!!!!! US27 MotorSports. Ask for Brandon. Tell him Gary from Michigan Off Road Racing Assoc sent u! IM not going to bash any other Dealerships but I been through HELL and Back with all the others!

·
Administrator
27,562 Posts
Decided to wait on the purchase of the Trail, since the company I work for is planning more layoffs.
Good decision, hoping for the best for you. Don't be a stranger, you don't need a SXS to post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts