Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Just joined in but don't even have my bike yet.. it's my first sxs
Being delivered next week. I found a good deal on a 2018 XT EPS so really looking forward to having some fun. I ordered a soft cab enclosure as well as it's still damp and chilly here in Newfoundland Canada this time of year.
I ride Atv and motorcycle a lot but the sxs looks like a better way to enjoy the great outdoors than the atv.
What are the things I should watch out for most to ensure I have worry free rides?

TkS

·
Administrator
27,616 Posts
Welcome Carbon700xt. The first 4 things you need to buy / get, harnesses and a harness bar, and 2 extra belts. Harnesses will save your life. Belts will keep you going if you break one. If you don't have any extra belts you'll be stranded. Learn how to change one in your garage, so you won't have any problems in the field.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Either start drilling & tapping for a bunch of grease zirks or be prepared for regular bushing replacement.
You will definitely need more GC they suck in stock form!!
Larger tires &/or replace stock springs, preferably both (y)
All in all excellent machine thou.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Senior for the great advice. I guess depending on the type of riding but how long before bushings fail? Kms? Roughly. Likely there are links on to replace them.
Starting to read through some of the maintenance posts. I do most maintenance myself on the atv and motorcycle somewhat mechanically inclined lol

Tks
Doyle

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
There will be lots on bushing replacement if you search under Trail section.
BUT not very long, sloppy as soon as 400kms is not unheard of & pretty much guarantied by 1k.
Upper front A-arm is a real pain to do, requires considerable disassembly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally got the AC on Friday. Did a little riding Saturday 45 miles and again today after work. It's a blast to drive ! We love it. A little cramped for ny 6.1 frame but comfortable enough. Suspension is awesome compared to my old quad lol. Enclosure hasn't arrived yet so its wide open for now lol. Pleased so far 😉
20200502_115523.jpg
20200504_184448.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
ditto above...

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Raising your seat an inch or two will definitely help the leg room. Do a search, people have used all sorts of methods.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
When I raised mined 1-1/2" that also gave me the extra clearance between the seat back & firewall to also move it back an inch or two.

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
the d & p performance xx 2" seat risers worked great...just don't look at the price tag...improved sight clearance in front of rig and increased leg room...would do it again...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Many thanks for the comments and feedback. Just back from ride #3 and really enjoying the bike. It's fun and fast and dirty lol
May look at getting the fender flares. Interesting comments on the seat riser. Sooo many projects. Sooo little time. Need to retire early. Just another few years lol
Tks folks

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Fender flares are a must if you don't want to wear the trail all the time. I actually had the flares before my machine ever arrived back in 2014. Glad that you are enjoying your machine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the advise folks. A local dealer have them in stock $350 tax in for front and back. Does the install require and drilling ? Simple install?
I hate drilling holes in a new bike lol

·
Registered
711 Posts
I believe all require drilling. You could probably make some for a lot less than that. Some use metal, plastic, or rubber. I used old conveyor belt, but truck mud flaps work too.

I'll also vote for the seat risers. If you want to try it out first place a couple of 2x4's under your seat and sit in it. You'll see what we mean. I went 2 inches on mine and I love it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks for the advise folks. A local dealer have them in stock $350 tax in for front and back. Does the install require and drilling ? Simple install?
I hate drilling holes in a new bike lol
Revo/atvtires has them for $238. they fit real nice & work good.
Yes you have to drill some holes :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome Carbon700xt! You’re clearly enjoying yourself! Are you really from The Rock? I was thinking that Gros Morne would be one of the best places in Canada to tour with a SxS! I bought my 2018 X LTD a few months ago but I’ve been locked down by COVID before I’ve had a chance to drive it! I’ve used the time to do a few DIY mods including snorkel (it’s kinda wet here in southern Ontario!).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi J Paul
Born and bred here lol. Originally from central NL but live on the East coast now. The old rail bed is now used by atvers and crosses the entire island. Just google that. Quite a trip ! It's in my plans to do in sections at a time.
Stay safe!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts