Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
27,616 Posts
Welcome Sandandsails. Depending on your budget, I would look for a newer / cleaner model if possible. Remember, especially for a Wildcat or Wildcat X it's a buyer's market. Good luck in your search, and let us know what you get.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It appears a little knowledge in my case is turning out to be dangerous as to my decision making. Thinking that I was set on a 2013.5 -14 1000 X was what i needed, a 2016 would be that much better. Not knowing at the time that a Sport Model had come on the scene up from a Trail model.

This is where the little knowledge creates an issue. So I ask you guys at this time for a crash course on which I should be looking at and the best or better years I should be considering.
My intent is to use it on the beach area in which I live that has a 25 MPH Speed Limit where it is actually a State Hwy. no doubt want to take it on a trip or two to the wild and definitely.
to the Or. Dunes a few times as a must. I appear to fall into the Geriatric Group now a days like apparently so many here. Still like the idea of things that go fast, handle well and on occasion still make my heart skip a few beats, not to mention I have a 9 year old boy who will keep me up nights in the near future.

So the question is what should I be considering a Wildcat X 1000 still or should I be looking at a Wildcat Sport Limited series.

Pros, Cons, Issues with one over the other and years to avoid if so.

I have been doing quite a bit of reading, but now its getting even more confusing with the more I learn. I think I am leaning towards a 2016 1000 X if I can find one unless the replies should suggest other wise. I am also about 250 and wonder if I will find the sport even roomy enough.

I would really appreciate any and all thoughts.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
...nothin beats the sound of an big x - the sport 700 is a good motor - but the sound for me was annoying- so was the cabheat we coudnt stand....

as you said- 015 up you should b on the good side-

and if you dont do crazy things-
too big tires and always full throttle - this thing should work-

the belt needs a good break in AND cooling in sand !!

little bit thicker and good oil in motor and diff with regular changes-

as i know theres still many guys havin fun with an x in sand... good luck

·
Administrator
27,616 Posts
Thank you for your input, now to find one.
There should be deals out there. Hell, I've read where there are still new old stock at dealerships, as in 15/16/17/18 models. You'll have to dig to find them. If you are buying used, make sure you give it a real good inspection. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
I assume you've checked the rules in your area, since ATV/UTV use on public roads is set by each county in WA. Over here in the NE corner of the state, we are not allowed on the highways, but I suppose that might not apply if we had one made out of sand...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts