Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, we have a ‘16 Sport Limited. Have owned for almost one year. It randomly overheated on us one day while riding trails. This was in June. Have been battling air ever since. I have been through the bleeding process dozens of times. I have a no spill funnel on rad- and actuallyusing winch to lift from beam in garage. Front tires are 14 inches off floor. What’s been done? New- thermostat, rebuilt water pump, removed radiator and cleaned, it’s spotless, rad cap. I cannot get it to run any cooler than 196 in shop. I’ll get a big burp out of it and it will cool down , then climb well over 220 I’ll burp again- yes fan comes on at 204.
Another problem arose, while running at say 3500 rpm constant to let warm up and then try to circulate I noticed the exhaust manifold will actually glow red. I was told stock muffler guy s plugged. I replaced it with a brand new GSE Trail Tamer. I replaced plugs, I made sure the plug boots snap on mice and they click. I’m running out of patience and ideas. What is going on? Why the lean run situation all of the sudden and is the air coming from a head/ head gasket?

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Stock exhaust manifold will glow red, if you have gone through the bleeding process several times and your producing air into the system I would look at head gasket diagnois. Check antifreeze for cross contamination Or crankcase gases.

Reactions: CatJW

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock exhaust manifold will glow red, if you have gone through the bleeding process several times and your producing air into the system I would look at head gasket diagnois. Check antifreeze for cross contamination Or crankcase gases.
You are second person to say that. Another said they run very lean when under no load. I believe I did get air bled, as when I cracked bleeder several times I had coolant and no air. She will just not cool down though- Dan comes on at 204, and gets to 210-215 and cools down to about 206, that’s it- fan still runs

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Fan on at 204 then should turn off around 190 then repeat. Front wheels elevated 6“ then open bleeder and let coolant run out while keeping radiator full. Then start and bleed a little while running. Lots of ideas how to get it bled on here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts