Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to know where it's at...and any related info, and does the shifter operate a cable or linkage? :tounge-in-cheek:

Thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
If it's the same as the XTZ 1000 then it's a Walbro inside the tank. It has a built in fuel pressure regulator. Don't know any one that has one yet or I could look. MCX turbo might have the answer.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The XTZ came with a Walbro that was a 45 LPH. I found some direct replacement pumps that drop right in and range from 90LPH to 150 LPH. There are some other Walbro pumps with up to 255LPH that will work but you have to wire them different cause they are reverse polarity.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Prowler is linkage....can't believe they would make the WC cable....that would suck.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
the xtz came with a walbro that was a 45 lph. I found some direct replacement pumps that drop right in and range from 90lph to 150 lph. There are some other walbro pumps with up to 255lph that will work but you have to wire them different cause they are reverse polarity.
would more lph put more fuel threw the injectors.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The factory pump has plenty of flow for most everyone out there. Until you get into high boost turbos (20 psi and above) and start bumping fuel pressure you will be fine with the stock pump. The other problem is the larger pumps have a much higher amp draw and the electrical system does have its limits with all the lights and crap we add to these things. As you increase the fuel pressure the amp draw goes up. They did improve the stator output a bit in the Wildcat from what I have read.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
yes if your injectors were larger and the demand for more fuel exceeds the limits of the pump.
50mm is pretty big. I wonder if the wildcat engine could handle a big injector with out flood the engine. Would it give it more hp.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
50mm is pretty big. I wonder if the wildcat engine could handle a big injector with out flood the engine. Would it give it more hp.
In of itself, I don't think injectors alone would be enough, if a cam and timing change(ecm) came with it... then we might see a few more pony's!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Like I said you won't need to mess with the injector size or flow rate unless you go to a high boost turbo or if you wanted to run E85 instead of unleaded gas. I ran stock injectors with a power commander PC 5 controlling them and they couldn't get me past 110 rwhp when we added fuel pressure. Most guys run the stock injectors and the add 1 or 2 injectors. This way your car idles and runs great under no boost and then the extra injector or injectors being controlled by a management system can add the demanded fuel under boost. I just happen to run 2 large injectors in place of the stock ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts