Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a similar issue after a local shop replaced a broken primary. I found a plastic bushing or washer under the primary spring which prevented the clutch from opening up the last quarter inch or so. Removed that it works like normal now. Like mbrandt1402 says pull the spring out put it on a bench and move the clutch in and out to see how the belt rides. It should be smooth and without any sticking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
is it possible the marks on secondary didnt get lined up when you put the belt on, meaning 180 degrees of if i remember correctly

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a similar issue after a local shop replaced a broken primary. I found a plastic bushing or washer under the primary spring which prevented the clutch from opening up the last quarter inch or so. Removed that it works like normal now. Like mbrandt1402 says pull the spring out put it on a bench and move the clutch in and out to see how the belt rides. It should be smooth and without any sticking.
When I pulled the primary spring, there was a sort of thicker washer that was on the shaft on mine also.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
When I pulled my primary apart it seems to stick just a little at the very top. Maybe that is the problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So looking at this "washer" more now that I have it apart. The washer is on the shaft at the bottom which then the primary spring slides over the shaft and rests on the washer. Is this what you're referencing?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
ok- so remove that spacer makes our cats faster?? why they put it in then...??

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's the washer in b5dart70 photo. The only service document I can find showing it is from the wet clutches. I asked the guys at venom after purchasing their clutch compression tools and they had not seen it either. Removing it allows the clutch to open all the way. If you pull the clutch out and use a compression tool, you can watch it work and see how that washer works like a governor and stops the clutch from opening up or allowing the belt to ride all the way out. I can say before a local shop touched my machine (they replaced a broken primary) the cat worked fine. So my guess is someone is using the incorrect service document or cat is providing them the wrong info. Pull it out and see what the machine does.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts