Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a weekend of banging my knee on the factory half door I decided to make some full doors that created more leg room. Here is what I got, they are actually further along and 99% done now. Just in case some one else is thinking the same this might help on ideas, the tubing is 3/4 EMT (electrical conduit) which is only about $3.50 per 10 foot stick and easy to bend with a 40 dollar hand bender. stock hinges and latch used

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
Looks good!!! What kind of sheet good did you put over the tubing?

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
250 Posts
After a weekend of banging my knee on the factory half door I decided to make some full doors that created more leg room. Here is what I got, they are actually further along and 99% done now. Just in case some one else is thinking the same this might help on ideas, the tubing is 3/4 EMT (electrical conduit) which is only about $3.50 per 10 foot stick and easy to bend with a 40 dollar hand bender. stock hinges and latch used
Was your conduit steel or aluminum? This might be my ticket to building full doors for cold weather!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the door skin is 16 gauge aluminum. The tubing is steel EMT (electrical conduit) thats the common thin wall tubing used mostly in commercial buildings. Easily found at HOme Depot or lowes. I was a little worried the EMT would be weak but after it was fully welded and the skin was bolted on i think it is plenty strong enough.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Great looking job man. May have to do something similar. Been looking to do doors. Don't forget to email me. Email address is on other thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
That door skin you have on there looks sweet!! Flows perfect with the body lines. Are you going to leave it as is, paint it or put some kind of wrap on it??

·
Registered
268 Posts

well done. best door so far!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice looking doors, its nice to see people take pride in there work and do it right the first time.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
They look great.......You saved a pile of money.......

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everybody, Ill try and answer all questions at once. Welding the galvinized pipe does kinda suck, and not to mention kinda unsafe. I set a fan with a light breeze while I welded them up, you kinda have to keep stiching them together, meaning not one continuous weld bead. Inorder to burn through the galvinized coating its almost to much amperage for the thin wall. kinda light stiching together body repair panels. I am planning to get a decal made to match the paint scheme. A local sign shop is doing it but dragging ass and having trouble finding a close color match on his digital printer. Does anybody know the PMS color code for that color blue?? I will get some more pictures of them complete and of the latches and hinges.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I guess that's what I was getting at. I have a small mig and wanted to see how it would handle the task. Nice job man!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts