Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am scouring the internet looking for 14" beadlocks. So far I find ITP T7 (not crazy over the look I imagine on the wildcat). Hiper Dakar (little more money than I was hoping to spend, 1600 on wheels seems excessive after spending 16.6). Douglas Sector (1600 for all 4 once again). Are there others I am missing?? I know OMF has conversions for any wheel, but I can't find a price quote on that. Any info from a vendor here? Maybe from a consumer that has found what I haven't? I am probably going to kick myself later if I buy wheels and tires too early, as I know the manufacturers will have a wider selection in 6 months, but I have to have my paddles day 1 period. I did fill out a contact form on DWTs website asking if they intended to do a Diablo Beadlock (love that wheel, and love the price and weight) but seeing as how their website has been down for at least 3 days, I have a feeling they won't be replying to me :(

·
Registered
508 Posts
Cripplers are nice, im sure fss knows the offsets as they have already worked on them for paddles.

·
Vendor
508 Posts
We carry and just mounted a set of 14 inch MS Alloy M16's on our shop XP a few weeks ago and I have to say after quite a few brutal desert miles we're really happy with them. Great price for a beadlock and they are available with lock rings in multiple colors :cool:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That rim definitely looks better on a machine than it does in pictures of wheel only, very cool. I made up my mind now, going with Hiper Dakars 14" x 10" rear and 14" x 7" fronts with STI V Rolls front and back, got a smoking deal on the wheels I just couldn't pass up, the whole package 1860 which is almost what the wheels should have cost alone???? I should have taken up the offer on the spot this weekend, but I am calling him this week and they will be sitting at Little Sahara waiting on me when I go back.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Dragonfire Racing Cripplers (love these, price is fair too).
Hey bud, how much are those? I cannot get their web site to give me an amount in the 'cart'? Without having to scour that lame RZR site, I'd like to make a decision on beadlocks this week. Any vendor out there have a special going on paddles & beads for the holidays?

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
I like those Methods too but the website, as usual, shows no pricing that I can find for the UTV. "Dear baby jesus;dear 7 pound 6 ounce baby jesus, not the teenage baby jesus: please send these fantastic UTV companies to business school"

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey bud, how much are those? I cannot get their web site to give me an amount in the 'cart'? Without having to scour that lame RZR site, I'd like to make a decision on beadlocks this week. Any vendor out there have a special going on paddles & beads for the holidays?
Keep in mind that even though DFR looks AWESOME, they are only 7" I think, so that means it will balloon your paddle up. Not a big deal to some, but that's why I went hunting around, and found that Hiper is the only company so far with a 14" beadlock wheel that is 10" wide to allow for the paddle to flatten out and get more surface contact. Everything is so subjective on ride and traction and whatnot, but just sharing what I have been through looking for wheels and tires for sand.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Keep in mind that even though DFR looks AWESOME, they are only 7" I think, so that means it will balloon your paddle up. Not a big deal to some, but that's why I went hunting around, and found that Hiper is the only company so far with a 14" beadlock wheel that is 10" wide to allow for the paddle to flatten out and get more surface contact. Everything is so subjective on ride and traction and whatnot, but just sharing what I have been through looking for wheels and tires for sand.
Ahhhh! I thought I was going crazy. I could not find the 10" on any of my searches. Thanks for putting me out of my misery. Well, certainly no offense intended, but I can't stand the looks of those Hipers...well, maybe if the DBL's came in black... AND THOSE ARE BANK!!! Holy crap they are expensive. I think I might have to wait for more options on bead locks in 14X10's.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ahhhh! I thought I was going crazy. I could not find the 10" on any of my searches. Thanks for putting me out of my misery. Well, certainly no offense intended, but I can't stand the looks of those Hipers...well, maybe if the DBL's came in black... AND THOSE ARE BANK!!! Holy crap they are expensive. I think I might have to wait for more options on bead locks in 14X10's.
They only come in black actually, and I was just like you, I was looking at DFR Cripplers because A. Hiper Dakars are too expensive B. I don't care about paying the money for that back beadlock C. I never liked the sidewinders on peoples RZRS I have seen them on. The Dakar Double Beadlocks I think are going to look awesome on the Green WC. If you wait until we get our WCs someday, I will post a pic of what they look like on a green WC and a black WC, because my brother has black and he got the same wheel and tire setup I did.

Hiper Dakar 14" Carbon ATV UTV Side-by-Side wheel : HSD Racing High Speed Dirt : YFZ450 Banshee 450R LTR450 KFX450 450XC 525XC 450SX 505SX Raptor 660 Outlaw DS450 400EX

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Damn brother! I thought they only came in that Crome or polished aluminum. Those are freakin sweet. Don't hate me but I am going to be sporting the same wheels as you. Thanks for the picture. That helped. I was only finding that 4 spoke ugly POS.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
$1455 - choke
Oh, the price is painful as hell. I paid 1860 for the wheels with STI V Rolls front and back, so yah, ouch, but still any beadlock with paddles was going to run 1200ish +++, and being only somewhere just north of 12 lbs, in the 10" version, they should end up being lighter than other beadlock wheels, so......it's justified, for me ????? Just don't tell my wife....uhhh or my brother's :)

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Oh, the price is painful as hell. I paid 1860 for the wheels with STI V Rolls front and back, so yah, ouch, but still any beadlock with paddles was going to run 1200ish +++, and being only somewhere just north of 12 lbs, in the 10" version, they should end up being lighter than other beadlock wheels, so......it's justified, for me ????? Just don't tell my wife....uhhh or my brother's :)
Seriously! Okay, no lie: I just bought the wife a new car over the weekend so she cannot blow her top when she starts seeing the money roll out of the account come February. That was called a 'proactive defense' my friend. A strategic form of keeping a marriage in-tact while irresponsibly putting us in the poor house (albeit a very fast one).

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Seriously! Okay, no lie: I just bought the wife a new car over the weekend so she cannot blow her top when she starts seeing the money roll out of the account come February. That was called a 'proactive defense' my friend. A strategic form of keeping a marriage in-tact while irresponsibly putting us in the poor house (albeit a very fast one).
Well my wife has been begging me for an X5....

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Well my wife has been begging me for an X5....
mmmmmmmm...Buckshot.

Where did you get the wheel package - HSD? I'm looking to get the same paddle setup. This may go down as the most frivilous purchase of the year...

Also, RFT, if you wouldn't mind spending the time to tell me your offset and, maybe the product code/model #. I found them on Amazon (no tax) for $327 a pop. Thank you!!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts