·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it require a special puller?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
It does require a puller. Not necessarily a 'special' puller but you need to use a puller to get it off. Some people say you can hit the shaft with a hammer while pulling on the wheel but that can hurt the EPS. DO NOT HIT THE SHAFT.

I drilled the holes in the steering wheel all the way through with a 1/4" bit and used long 1/4" bolts with nuts and a standard puller that I had.

I think I took a pic. I'll look for it.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
This is the puller that I used after cleaning out the holes in the steering wheel with a 1/4" drill bit. The holes are already in the steering wheel, they are just half filled with rubber.

IMG_20190514_205103566.jpg

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. I prefer a closer wheel. Stock is too far away. I change them on every machine ive ever had.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should be the same one for polaris. Then I got the deep dish wheel from dragonfire with the felt material. Should move it alittle closer. Going to Royal Blue tomorrow so Ill put it on when I get back.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Which adapter to bring closer. Thanks
I bought a speed adapter and still wanted closer to me so I put a NRG quick disconnect on it now its perfect.
If you hit it with a hammer you are flirting with disaster, I bought a 3-puller set of amazon and it came right off. you really dont need to drill https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BXWIG46/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XPQKWV5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, remember no free advertising links for Non-Supporting Vendors. I'll let the Amazon one go, as everybody knows Amazon. Speed is not a Supporting Vendor on here, sorry.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I added this 2" spacer from amazon to my new wheel and hub. Its a little tighter getting in and out but really nice position for driving. I think it was $20.00. There was 1" 1.5" and 2" available IIRC.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts