Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've made that ride several times, but never checked the actual milage, but it's got to be to 15 to 20 miles give or take from Roadrunner, and about 7 miles to Roadrunner from Glamis flats. We do a loop around the no ride zone, and total milage is 54 miles. That includes hitting a few hills on the way, and running up n down Patton several times.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's about 30-33 miles from Gordon Wells flats to the store. About 60 miles round trip and at least an hour each way. It all depends on how fast your going and how many stops.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is sand highway the quickest route. We will go 40-50 mph. We have a polaris and a couple quads. I am looking at getting a wildcat in the future. Is anyone going out this weekend?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is sand highway the quickest route. We will go 40-50 mph. We have a polaris and a couple quads. I am looking at getting a wildcat in the future. Is anyone going out this weekend?
It depends on where you want to end up in Glamis----But yes, you can stay pinned pretty much the whole way on sand hwy and you'll come to Road-Runner which is the last campsite on Gecko----Glamis store would be about 7 miles from there---You'll want to go up the back side of Olds and then while on top look for the radio tower with red flashing light----It is right in front of Glamis store---Wash 22 is 6 miles south of that tower, (each wash is 1/4 mile)----Like Dawg said, leave yourself some time to play around at Patton as it's a lot of fun in there.

Happy

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
From Duner's Diner to Roadrunner is about 22 mi on sand hwy along the canal. I usually cruise my 4 seater about 75 -85 mph, it rides nice at that speed. At 80 mph it's a 16.5 minute trip. At 60, it takes 22 min., at 40 mph it takes 33 min.

Reactions: wildone

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
From Duner's Diner to Roadrunner is about 22 mi on sand hwy along the canal. I usually cruise my 4 seater about 75 -85 mph, it rides nice at that speed. At 80 mph it's a 16.5 minute trip. At 60, it takes 22 min., at 40 mph it takes 33 min.
Seems like a long time to go an inch and a half..............

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
It's wide enough you can run off to one side or stay back a little bit.

I use full face street bike helmets because if you're following someone at 70 -80 -90 mph, sand really stings, even if you're staying quite a ways back. At that speed, it's still flying through the air!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone going out to gordons this weekend? I am thinking about getting a wildcat i have not rode in one yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts