Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to ask how many have not had the problem, but I'm guessing there would be far fewer responses!! :mad:

If you've had an issue, please subscribe. After a week or 2 I'm sending this to AC big wigs. If they don't care to respond, then fine. We'll have a definitive answer regarding how they feel about their product after they've received our money. I just spent an hour reading threads about this little POS, and I find this is absurd. I love my Cat, but I don't need it. There's a difference.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine started giving me problems in the first week I owned my x. Took it to the dealer I bought it from twice and they wouldn't replace it "couldn't reproduce the problem" is what they told me. Jimmy rigged it with some zip ties to hold it in just the right spot to work for a few months. Then after awhile no matter what I did it wouldn't stop throwing an error code, so found a new dealer and told them the problem. They changed the sensor under warranty saying they've been having a lot of problems with those sensors.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
During the 3 plus years I've been on this site I've seen several guys with the problem. But lots of folks have left (probably bought RZRs... LOL)

I like to "jumper out" every thing on the machine where it's making decisions for me... like this, the reverse override, the power steering brain and the tip sensor. Seems like the machine design has way too much input from marketing and legal departments. Simplify, simplify! :mad:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I haven't paid much attention to the issue as it hasn't affected me until recently. Now I'll have to read up on it. I have no issue with selecting gears or the display showing the wrong gear, nor do I get any codes thrown on the display. But twice now I've put the Cat in reverse and it acted like it was hitting a rev limiter when backing up at a slow pace. Both times it was after an hour or so of driving. Never done it in the garage, backing out cold.

RLW

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^^^ Ahhhhhhh...the squall before the storm!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Mine has the same issue.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I know i can do a search but can anyone point me to the jumper fix, may have to go that route before it becomes an issue for me. I also dont like random sensors dictating my life.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mine has acted up a few times, cleaned it out and put dielectric grease in the connector and no more problems since

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Plug latch facing up. Jumper pins 1, 3 and 4. Did mine yesterday. I tryed to remove the sensor and it would not slide off the shaft. Resorted to prying on it and of cource it broke.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Found it after, 1,3, and 4 like you said. Blue/white, black, and red/yellow. If i ever resort to this then ill be cutting the plug off and soldering the wires. Good to know for now cause ill look like a genius on the trail when it breaks and i jump out with a knife and twist those wires together and carry on haha.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey SS:
Don't know if your still tallying rigs with failed sensors, if you are I'm one. Twice at 2 different dealers, both adjusted linkage and said CND. Hence why my "position sensor switch band-aid jumper mod post", didn't seem like a mouthful when i wrote it. Good luck to us!

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have the jumper. I'm just a big believer that the effin' part should work!!! I'm on #3 with less than 1k miles! Hey Arctic Cat! Are you reading this??????????????????

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine went into limp mode due to gear position sensor within the 1st 150 miles. It cleared itself and we continued playing for the weekend with no problem. Took it in the following week but they couldn't reproduce the problem, as it's caused by the heat of riding in the desert heat (in my particular case). Big ups to Vey's Powersports, though, for stepping up and replacing it under warranty. I told them everyone knows it's an issue, and they didn't argue. Hoping someone comes up with an aftermarket upgrade for sure, as this is a for-real pain in the ass. BTW, I was going to keep the old switch and alter it for emergencies, but because it was a warranty replacement the dealer had to return the piece.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well,,,,aint life sweet. About 15 miles on my new warrantied switch, it failed, all the way back in limp mode. Jumper going on. It would be my 4th sensor in less than 800 miles. Thanx Arctic Cat. Thanx for appreciating us!

Reactions: MikeA62

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
After all the repeat failures I read about, I installed the jumper and never looked back. It caused me way too many issues just to see what gear I am in. What good is it to know if air can't GO!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts