Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
If we bought toys based on mpg I don't think we would have very many of them!

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
need to know, so you know how much more you'll have to pack

Reactions: wvabeer

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Well let Me Tell Ya
if Your planning On Haveing A Lot Of Fun Bring Extra Gas :D
Haven Fill It Back Up Yet Dealer Filled It For Me Did Not Pay Attn. To The Bars
Have 50miles & There Is 2 Bars

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
We usually ride 50 to 75 miles a ride. I would hope it gets at least 75 on a tank but if it does not then I will have to carry gas , I then need to figure out where to carry it as beer and munchies gets first dibs. This beast doesn't have much storage beer/food, winch, tools and extra clothes. My Thundercat got awful gas mileage (6 or 7) at first but got better (16 to 20) after a few hundred miles

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
We usually ride 50 to 75 miles a ride. I would hope it gets at least 75 on a tank but if it does not then I will have to carry gas , I then need to figure out where to carry it as beer and munchies gets first dibs. This beast doesn't have much storage beer/food, winch, tools and extra clothes. My Thundercat got awful gas mileage (6 or 7) at first but got better (16 to 20) after a few hundred miles
Rotopax! Bought my son the 3 gallon pack and a locking mount for Christmas. Once his Cat gets here we'll make a rack for the bed to mount it and whatever else he may need.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I would think about 75-100 miles pretty easily. I could go about 120 in my Prowler with the same motor depending on what type of riding I was doing. And the Wildcat has a little bit bigger tank............

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've gone thru 2 tanks and I have 91 miles on mine. Largely due to my driving style and being in 4 wheel bc of sand. I agree with Jackrabbit if I based my toy selection on mpg I wouldn't have any!!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I've gone thru 2 tanks and I have 91 miles on mine. Largely due to my driving style and being in 4 wheel bc of sand. I agree with Jackrabbit if I based my toy selection on mpg I wouldn't have any!!

5 mpg seems extremely low. I have never heard of that motor getting that poor fuel mileage. If you could only go on a 45 mile ride before having to fuel up, that would suck. That would preclude me from doing most rides with my friends. There could actually be something wrong with yours if you are burning through that much fuel. It shouldn't even be possible at full throttle...........................

·
Registered
675 Posts
i put 4.5 gallons in my tank after only 40 miles. this was the first time i put gas in it after the dealer did. I would imagine it would get better once broken in.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
5 mpg seems extremely low. I have never heard of that motor getting that poor fuel mileage. If you could only go on a 45 mile ride before having to fuel up, that would suck. That would preclude me from doing most rides with my friends. There could actually be something wrong with yours if you are burning through that much fuel. It shouldn't even be possible at full throttle...........................
My Thundercat in 08 for the first 200 or so miles got only 6 mpg, then it got between 16 and 20 depending on how hard you run it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
We've put 460 miles on the cat now- in whoopy-rocky desert with quite a bit of elevation change. Driving it nice, keeping it under 1/2 throttle most of the time we've gotten a bit over 20 mpg. Driving it hard and having fun gets us 15 it looks like:p. Wish they did a little bit better, would be nice to be able to go 150 miles with no worries. Just have to get a gas can mount I guess for the long rides:)

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Good info.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts