Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer asked me to go to glamis to try the WC and the XP this weekend at glamis to see wich one I would like better but I just received a message not to come just yet because the belt broke off ont the cat. I may not go and I may still buy the cat (I would loved to try it fisrt but heck!!) i beleive that is a dealer demo unit and for what is been writen here the produccion do not have that belt issues, but just in case; what tools do you need to change the belt in case it happens in the midle of no where
as always all help very apreciated

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
a dealer with a broken belt and cant get it replaced in 10 minutes? why?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got a call around 9:30 pm they got a belt and cat is ready to go for tomorrow but yes the cat is one of the floor models not one of the latest production units, but I wanted to know if you guys know what is needed to change it any special tools or a impact gun ?? not for them but for peolple to have during trips in case of a blown belt I had everything needed in my rhino just in case so far never needed.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
watch airdamm youtube video, you can decide if you would rather get towed in or change in the field. its not as easy as the rzr by a long shot.

·
Registered
487 Posts
WTF? Guys remove the cover, open the secondary, pull belt off, pull belt off primary, put belt on primary, open secondary and work it on. If you include having to locate the tools no more then 15 minutes. Unless you are a pro football lineman the cover was not that hard to get at.

Disclaimer: I do not have my own but the local dealer has let me go thru their showroom floor model(the 3 dealers I have been to, said they cannot sell/will not sell) top to bottom.

I just watched the Airdam video that is reffered to above>>>>>You do not have to disassembly the clutch to remove the belt. Once you run the bolt in to open the secondary the belt will slip off. It maybe a little tight but it will come off. FACT!!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thank you for an answer to the question. Where is the Youtube video from Adam? The time to learn is not when it happens. It looks to me that unlike the RZR you don't have to disassemble the car.

Gumball

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
if you go to the dune you better know how to change a belt buy a box of them you are going to need them if you climb up Motor vehicle Photograph Vehicle Snapshot Car hills

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ya its pretty easy. You do not have to take the clutch off.... Just expand the secondary. So you need a Torx driver, Im not sure what size but I bet it comes in the tool kit.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Ya its pretty easy. You do not have to take the clutch off.... Just expand the secondary. So you need a Torx driver, Im not sure what size but I bet it comes in the tool kit.
T-30 for the cover.

As far as the box of belts.....not really on a good clutch setup. Don't misquote me....you will need a belt or 3 more climbing hills over the season then me running the flats, but look at how much more you are abusing the system.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm in Gordon's well right now. I've seen two of them here. One black one green. I rode to glamis yesterday and I didnt see one there. What dealer is it?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
T30, it does come in the kit and it would not take anyone very long to change a belt.

·
Registered
103 Posts
T30 bit. A cordless impact driver works awesome. To spread secondary, use one of the T30 case bolts and put in the only hole that it can go in, next the secondary nut. Not sure if you can get an impact driver in position to get all of the nuts, so the L torx driver in the tool kit will probably come in handy.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks ark I will get everithing just in case and probably do a test at home even thou I daont have a cat yet, but monday nught wikk be sleeping in my house
Thanks again for all the info

1 - 15 of 15 Posts