Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be some confusion on who is actually a dealer with the wildcat. just because they are a arctic cat dealer does not make them a wildcat dealer. arctic cat has set it up to where in order to be able to get the wildcats you have to sign a seperate dealer agreement and order special stuff. now as of right now the only way to know for sure is to go to arctic cat wildcat website search for dealer. if the dealer pops up then the dealer is able to recieve the first round .if the dont pop up then they are not a dealer at this time and they will not be able to get any until the next round . and that could be mid summer next year before they can order. i hope this takes the confusion out of it for some people.:cool:

·
Registered
263 Posts
There's also a new "Wildcat" icon under the standard dealer search on the Arctic Cat website (in addition to the ATV and Side-by-Side icons) which shows what the dealer is authorized to sell.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Will a non wildcat dealer be able to do warranty work?
No you will not from what I was told by the dealer I am buying my Wildcat from.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No they will not be able to do any warranty work unless they are a certified wildcat dealer.......oh yea did i mention R.T.&T CYCLES IS A DEALER!!!!!!!LOL JUST SAYIN.........................:cool:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Hey donkey, out of curiosity Will mechanics go thru an AC training course to learn to fix Wildcats or just how does that work.
And will factory repair manuals be available to the general public?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No they don't have to at the moment. But a cat offers a cat master tech training program that some techs choose to take. I can't speak for everybody but our dealership has certified cat master techs. As far as the repair manuals I woul imagine they would be available to the public.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
No they don't have to at the moment. But a cat offers a cat master tech training program that some techs choose to take. I can't speak for everybody but our dealership has certified cat master techs. As far as the repair manuals I woul imagine they would be available to the public.
I can understand that...and let me guess... AC doesn't just give these training programs away...:rolleyes:

As one of the early members and a Dealer here can we use you as a conduit to your mechanics expertise if we have questions...:D

·
Registered
791 Posts
ks2socal,
You are the only person that can make that choice. I have never had a AC before so I don't have that experiance to go from. If the Wildcat looks good to you and you're willing to give AC another chance then go for it. Reading the RZR forums doesn't make me want to just run out and buy one of them either. Everything is going to have issues now and then. I wish you luck in your quest for the better machine.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Im still weighing the XP vs the wildcat thing. My prowler XTZ needed the dealer quite a bit lol.:p
I take great care of all my equipment, keep it clean, fluids changed way too often, and yet I rebuilt the transmission on my quad and rzr this season, both machines need shocks rebuilds, quad had a valve job, brake pads, etc, etc, ad nauseum--point being, this stuff breaks when you have fun with it, they are high performance offroad toys.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I take great care of all my equipment, keep it clean, fluids changed way too often, and yet I rebuilt the transmission on my quad and rzr this season, both machines need shocks rebuilds, quad had a valve job, brake pads, etc, etc, ad nauseum--point being, this stuff breaks when you have fun with it, they are high performance offroad toys.
I know stuff breaks, this stuff is cheap compared to the big green stuff. :p I learned from my 2009 Prowler XTZ that I would rather have warranty than not, but the nearest wildcat dealer is 1.5 hours away.

If I wanted maintenance I would have a rail which required $3-4k mendeola rebuilds.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Well I know at some point people are going to tell me I sound like a broken record. Your lucky your cloest dealers is 1.5 hours away. Mine is 5+ hours away. And that is during good weather. During the winter they are even longer away. So if that is all that is keeping you from getting one then I say BUY IT!!!

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can understand that...and let me guess... AC doesn't just give these training programs away...:rolleyes:

As one of the early members and a Dealer here can we use you as a conduit to your mechanics expertise if we have questions...:D
yes i will try and help as much as i can.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so cal,

what were some of the issues you were having with the prowler?

I ask this only because at first when we started being a dealer for a cat. Me and my techs hated them with a passion. it seemed like it was always breaking something ,fowling plugs,hard to shift and so forth. now after i have worked on them for awhile and took the training courses and ordered the correct special tools. i can say Arctic cat is a good machine and most of our problems were lack of knowledge. thats why i would recomend using a dealer that is atleast catmaster basic certified. dont get me wrong there is guys that have been working on a cat longer than me that arent certified that probably are good techs. basically im saying just because there not certified doesnt mean they dont know what there doing however being certified helps..............

1 - 17 of 17 Posts