Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled the trigger on a 2018 Sport XT.

My riding area is mostly trails with some wet and muddy areas. I will be travelling through water that goes OVER the tires.

I purchased a kimpex plow and roof, a warn 4000lb winch, AC front bumper and full windshield (that I'll use in winter for plowing). I may purchase a half windscreen for the summer, but I am not sure yet. I have stuck with the stock tires for now but will likely upgrade to 27" in the winter (and keep my stock as spares).

We are definitely not hard core riders. While we both like to have a bit of fun from time to time, we don't go looking for the most challenging stuff. We like our equipment to last a good long while and not be in the garage fixing it every week.

If there are any other riders from the eastern ontario region, give us a shout... maybe we can hook up for a trail ride!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Congrats on the new Trail! I have a '16 Trail that I don't get to ride enough...

If you're often going through water that's over the tires, you'd better look in to getting a snorkel kit, and relocating all your breather tubes up high in the chassis! The fuel tank breather runs about straight back near the rear axle, you'll want that up higher for sure. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ran a half windshield for the first 4 months I owned my trail but got tired of having to stop and clean it off every 5-10 minutes when it is muddy on the trails...and it's pretty much always muddy where I ride. Raining a lot of times too. Just food for thought.

·
Administrator
27,613 Posts
Welcome Mikhael47, congrats. I always recommend harnesses, and a harness bar to all members. Safety first.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi
I just pulled the trigger on a 2018 Sport XT.

My riding area is mostly trails with some wet and muddy areas. I will be travelling through water that goes OVER the tires.

I purchased a kimpex plow and roof, a warn 4000lb winch, AC front bumper and full windshield (that I'll use in winter for plowing). I may purchase a half windscreen for the summer, but I am not sure yet. I have stuck with the stock tires for now but will likely upgrade to 27" in the winter (and keep my stock as spares).

We are definitely not hard core riders. While we both like to have a bit of fun from time to time, we don't go looking for the most challenging stuff. We like our equipment to last a good long while and not be in the garage fixing it every week.

If there are any other riders from the eastern ontario region, give us a shout... maybe we can hook up for a trail ride!
Hi! I just picked up a 2018 Wildcat X for trail riding around Haliburton. I am worried about water levels so I’m pretty sure I’ll be adding a snorkel kit in the next few weeks! I’m not looking to scuba the thing but once you see where the engine and clutch intake are, a snorkel is definitely needed!

·
Registered
288 Posts
go with 28"-30" tires, a speedwerx secondary spring and maybe a Dalton clutch if you go with a 30" tire

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Congrats on your machine.
It can be alot of fun.
I thought I would throw my 2 cents in.
I replaced my tinted half windshield with a good scratch resistance fold down windshield.
The half windshield doesn't protect you from the weather and since mine was tinted at certain situations it made bad blind spots.
Also spend the extra money for a good scratch resistance windshield.( it's worth the money)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hi Michael, I too have a 2018 Sport XT from Barry's Bay area in E Ont.
Recommend 28" Zilla's for tires, light, reasonably priced & work good in our conditions.
So far haven't seen the need for a Dalton kit even thou I have one on my shelf from earlier machine, these newer Sports seem to be clutched VERY good of the shelf compared to earlier examples.
Intakes are sure low, I ran an engine intake only snorkle thru the drivers rear fender just to be safe. I'm not that extreme either so figured if I made a mistake & flooded CVT that would be enough warning to stop submerging:oops:

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
A Frogzskin intake cover will keep a lot of dirt and water out of the intake

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
As Senior above said, I put 28" Zillas on our 14 Trail shortly after purchase and was always pleased with their performance even in the rocks in the Black Hills. Put on Bandit heavy springs, later a Speedwerx secondary spring and later still a Dalton kit in the primary, extremely pleased with all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts