Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted to apologize to a fella on here, cuz a while back i posted someone was an idiot for rolling a wildcat. we i can personally attest to the fact they roll real easy.
i had grown tired of having to stop and backup to turn around in a tight spot on my track. so i thought, i will just floor it and spin the rear end around and not have to hit reverse. wrong idea. the lack of feedback in the steering and severe lack of power to throw a roost and get the rear to slide is my excuse.
i have had my rzr-s for 2 years and have never rolled it over. it will cut a doughnut at will.

now my rear fender has a kink and when the plastic bends, the paint cracks the entire length in slinters. otherwise, nothing bent or damaged.

depressing...:( live and learn. luckily, my utvinc harness set kept me secure.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Lol Pawn kudos for fessing up. Shit happens at least you can still ride!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMAG0236.jpg IMAG0235.jpg

not bad, but i was going about 3 mph,

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I stripped a crank at about 5mph does that help you! LMFAO. Really doesn't look bad at all though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'mnot sure if articat is getting better with practice but with all due respect I don't get the part of lack of power, it may not have the fastest top speed but acceleration is does have I got mine monday night vin 3980 or 3989 took it out of the trailer, went around the block and puched it in the drive way (cement not to rough thou) it made a 8 foot skid mark my wife is still mad about the mark. I have not have the chance to ride it much (at trinitys) but it may be more of the lack of feedback from the stering than lack of power....... unless like somebody said there may be slow ones and faster ones
Has somebody with two cats has done any comparison yet??? should be interesting

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont know if low profile tires or the ruts i hit, its was hard to stay in the ruts made by the rzr, and the extra wide turn needed to get it done. i have had the rzr on 2 wheels many times, but could feel it coming and let go of the steering wheel and it would about correct itself. i was on my side before i had a chance to say oh shit

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
THEY DO SPIN

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was on heavy sand, not hard pack

·
Registered
396 Posts
I do not own a SxS yet (hoping to pick my WC up this weekend, But I did own a Long Travel pilot.

They are so much fun, they will do a donuts so sharp, the inside front wheel digs a hole in place. I use to do a 180 & before coming to a complete stop, hit the throttle and pull a wheelie. For the most part it was a very hard machine to turn over Buttt

My experience is that most of these machines will slide out around a turn, but if you hit a rut, berm or other obstacle that's stops that slide, then the kinetic energy has no where to go, you find your self in a roll, even in something like the pilot.

Man I miss that machine.

·
Registered
545 Posts
My paint comes off without the key in the bike and the garden hose going @ 0 mph! You have to remember the cat is two ft longer than a rzr s . It has plenty of power! U have to comit, not try it just a little,.it is definently different than my old s.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
You guys saying it won't do a donut obviously aren't committed. I spun that sucker right around and drifted it sideways at least 50 feet laying down black marks the whole way on good traction surface dry concrete. It does lean but it blows off the tire when you jump on it. This thing has plenty of power.

·
Registered
945 Posts
You guys saying it won't do a donut obviously aren't committed. I spun that sucker right around and drifted it sideways at least 50 feet laying down black marks the whole way on good traction surface dry concrete. It does lean but it blows off the tire when you jump on it. This thing has plenty of power.
Excellent!!!!! This is very nice to hear!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would imagine that the entry speed and the reluctance of the clutch to backshift have a lot to do with how easy it is to break the rear wheels loose.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts