Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rear diff shards.jpg

As the title says, I was changing my diff fluid and all of these shards were on my drain plug. I think it's a hell of a lot, but maybe somebody else has run into a similar issue. I'm already on my second transmission (first one blew around 500 miles) and now at about 1,300 miles I fear this one is going soon as well... Check yours ASAP! I will be reaching out to my dealer later today, I will update when I get more info!

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Seems like a lot....I only had a little sludge on my first 100 mile change. What kinda of riding and what oil you running? What happened to the 1st trans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
I did mine around 200 miles IIRC and just had a thin layer of dark build up. I'm curious what the dealer says.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The first tranny just failed after about 500 miles. Was covered under warranty, but their reasoning was just "complete transmission failure" the gears just sheered themselves to shit. I'm running the textron factory diff fluids and oils. The riding I do is mostly high speed desert and duning. Love the car just unfortunate issues since I bought the thing.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yea, that looks excessive...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts