Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I went and saw the Wildcat this weekend at the BPS in Charlotte, NC. The machine looks great and I met the CEO and numerous sales Managers and I had about an hour chat with them regarding certain issues that I was concerned about and here is what I found:

No Zerk fittings anywhere, as they feel that they are NOT needed. I disagree and like others I will be installing them to prevent pivot points from getting water inside and rusting from the inside out! Every time I've gone through water and I return home we clean our machines with a water hose & soap (Not a High Power pressure washer) and I always see a little bit of water that is forced out on some of the pivot points that I added Zerk fittings to. I feel this is worth the time and effort when your dealing with a $17,000 MACHINE!

I has an Oil Cooler up front, -6 lines & the size is about 4" by 10" to 12" It might be a little smaller?? The lines are the Cloth covers type.

The radiator is mounted in the rear above the engine with (2) nice electric fans and a Aluminmum Radiator.

Overall workmanship looked GREAT!

The first units will arrive sometime in February 2012,

I will definetly remove the Plastic skid plates and add something from Bike Armour or from PRAM in Oregon that is 3/16 thick. That 1/8" crap Alum. factory stuff is like tin foil!

It definetly needs A-Arm Protection and rear suspension protection if you going to ride anywhere else other than the SAND DUNES!

It has dual 50mm Throttle Bodies

It's a Closed loop EFI system

Runs on 87 octane fuel Bummer I thought it might need 91-93 octane. Remember that the first 1000's had HEAD GASKET issues and running the lower compression will solve that issue.

WARRANTY is only 6 months. I sell extended Warranties if anyone is interested through the same Company that Arctic Cat uses?

I can see a HUGE After Market following for this Machine and I'm sure it will go from Mild to Wild in the next 12 months!

Interior room: I'm 6'2" and 285 Lbs and I fit in it okay.....not as roomy as I'd like but when I give birth to these Twins I've been carrying around for the last 5 years, I'll fit in it with plenty of room! I feel like the
"PILLSBURY DOUGH BOY, with a Bad Attitude"!

Currently they've manufactured 40 units and are still doing testing and fine tuning everything before they go into full production.

The front Dif is a Real LOCKER and when you hit the select switch all 4 wheels are LOCKED and you will go where ever you want to GO!

The BEST thing is that it is
MADE IN AMERICA! No foriegn motors or parts, no chinese, Japanese, or stuff made I Tiawan! That by itself wants me to spend my MONEY $$$$ on this Side by Side over the rest of the imported stuff!

That's all I can remember right now!

War Eagle
:cool:

·
Registered
791 Posts
War Eagle,
Did you just get to look and not drive? I agree about the skids even without seeing one in person. But I will get one from Factory UTV.
Still on the fence about if I am pulling the gun on one of these or a RZR right now. I am going to a Demo day at the end of the month to drive one. I'll know one way or the other then. There is going to be a dealer there so if I want one I will put my $500 deposit down then.

Everyone please keep the info coming.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm going to Barstow Saturday. Someone told me they were there last weekend, but not doing test rides.

My Prowler is pretty bad ass. If this thing is better than the Prowler, I'll be impressed. Either way, I'll post up my opinion.

I hope they don't have them goverened or limited. That would be a real bummer.

·
Registered
686 Posts
your prowler is not goverened in the ECU, only thru the clutch. so if arctic cat leaves the limiters in the clutch, then you can sure enough put the pedal to the metal and get rowdy. if they put the govereners in the ECU like polaris and can-am have, you will have to wait on the aftermarket to get rid of the limiters. it took me about 2 months to fix the commanders limiters in the ECU, and i have not messed with the polaris ECUs but i feel certain that a week or two of playing and i could get around their limiters as well. if arctic cat does do a limiter in the ECU its just a matter of time before we get around it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
your prowler is not goverened in the ECU, only thru the clutch. so if arctic cat leaves the limiters in the clutch, then you can sure enough put the pedal to the metal and get rowdy. if they put the govereners in the ECU like polaris and can-am have, you will have to wait on the aftermarket to get rid of the limiters. it took me about 2 months to fix the commanders limiters in the ECU, and i have not messed with the polaris ECUs but i feel certain that a week or two of playing and i could get around their limiters as well. if arctic cat does do a limiter in the ECU its just a matter of time before we get around it.
Adam....good to see you back Dude!!!! Are you going to be messing with the clutching on the Wildcat? Be way interested in seeing what you can do with one!

·
Registered
377 Posts
utv underground
X2 + pictures not here, don't know if it is allowed to load them here so I won't

There seems to be a conflict if the production WCs will have dual throttle bodies, the "test" units do but according to some sources the lawyers said no and that hurts the power.

·
Registered
686 Posts
the production units only have a single TB. i have seen and confirmed this on more than one production unit.

yes sir of course i am definitely going to be doing clutch work to them, i already know what they need to get peak performance. as always arctic cat definitely left some room on the table. i guess they built a bad ace machine just like everybody wanted, and the lawyers made them water it down so folks wont kill themselves. i can make it faster dont you sweat!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Airdam,
Do you have any idea how hard it would be to put twin throttle bodies back on it? I would imagine a new ECM and wiring harness? Just thinking....................

·
Registered
161 Posts
Do you have a business some where doing UTV work?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Do you have a business some where doing UTV work?
Nope just a guy who likes to tinker. And I would love to see the Wildcat at it's full potential. I know why they have to govern these things down but I am not a SUE HAPPY idiot. If I wreck my SXS I am not goin gto blame Arctic Cat because I can't drive.

·
Registered
686 Posts
a new wiring harness would not be in order to hook up the twin TBs. using the existing TB, add another. the existing TB will be the master, the second being the slave. running two throttle cables from the throttle pedal is easy, just drill another hole in the throttle pedal at the top where the existing cable comes in, and run another cable to the second TB. easy. build a new intake manifold which is easy for me i am a fabricator. i will have it done on my own unit soon. just gotta catch up on things and get a few other things out of the way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts