Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Then you best add more air pressure to them. Mine came with 12 psi in them which is what the assembly guy said is what is called for. BUT it is not nearly enough air pressure, because the sidewalls are not stiff at all and the rim will pinch the tire and kill it. I did not kill mine (yet) because when I came to some large rocks I looked over the side to get good front tire placement and with the tire pressed against the rock the engine had enough power when given throttle to completely squash the sidewall in a pinch situation.

Had I hit the rocks with any speed at all I would have had at least 1 flat maybe 2 but I saw it and went back to camp and pumped them up to 20 psi and will see how they do now.

:cool:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
That's a good tip, but some of the guys said that theirs had over 20 psi in them and they still blew. I guess somewhere in the middle would be best. But in the end, the crappy tire is going to prevail and ruin a trip at some point.............

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
15 won't save them I can see where they would be toast quick with 15 psi.

They have been doing fine with 20 so far, been pounding away for hours, they don't even come close to pinching in the same way as at 12.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
So basically, what needs to happen is drop $17k on the wildcat, then another $700 in harnesses and harness bar, then another what, $800 in tires that are worth a damn? Sweet.

·
Registered
527 Posts
15 won't save them I can see where they would be toast quick with 15 psi.

They have been doing fine with 20 so far, been pounding away for hours, they don't even come close to pinching in the same way as at 12.
Mine held up just fine for the first 270miles. They didn't get pinched, they got cut. Hope you have better luck than I did.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for the tip Tx. I've already cut one of mine, near center tread so I don't think it was pinched. Gonna try to repair it and then will up the psi. Already looking for better tires but need temp fix so I can ride.

Dwight

·
Registered
285 Posts
So basically, what needs to happen is drop $17k on the wildcat, then another $700 in harnesses and harness bar, then another what, $800 in tires that are worth a damn? Sweet.
Of course manufacturers are trying to keep the costs down so crappy tires are the norm. They can justify it by many owners quickly switching out for terrain specific (mud or sand) tires. Would be nice to option-out the rig from the factory.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Just a little comparison here.....the tires that came on my Prowler were Goodyear Rawhide's....same thing as all of you are experiencing.....they too were no good...had a small piece of plastic puncture a tire about 35 miles from no where.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts