Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I'm a fool and can't figure this out..... I'm stupider than a damn bolt. :confused:

I am trying to install 5-point belts and I can not figure out how to remove the outside lower seatbelt (lapbelt) gold, retainer bolt.

I'm simply talking about the bolt that hold the lap belt, outside opposed to inside to the body of the Wildcat.

I can get it to spin but not loosen or come out. Something behind seems to be threaded to it and not allowing it to come out. Is there something I'm doing wrong or do I need to get behind bolt head to get at the nut?

If i have to get behind it to grab a nut how do I go about doing it? Do I have to remove a body panel?

Thanks,

UtahWC.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The outer tabs have a nut that is not welded, the inner tab nuts are welded. you can pry the lower body plastic back just far enough to get a wrench on it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The outer tabs have a nut that is not welded, the inner tab nuts are welded. you can pry the lower body plastic back just far enough to get a wrench on it.
Chase,

thanks for the tip! I'm glad to hear I don't have to remove a body panel.... I'll just sneak a wrench in there w/o breaking the plastic.

take care,

UtahWC

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
remove 2 torx inside cab this lets side panel loose. 1 bolt at bottom of fender, 1 slip on clamp just above bottom of fender bolt, pull side panel out and you have enough room to slip and arm down with wrench, its a nutted bolt. easier than it sounds

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
remove 2 torx inside cab this lets side panel loose. 1 bolt at bottom of fender, 1 slip on clamp just above bottom of fender bolt, pull side panel out and you have enough room to slip and arm down with wrench, its a nutted bolt. easier than it sounds
Thanks Pawnman! I'll chase the torx bolts down to ensure I don't crack the paint or plastic.

Take care,

utahWC

·
Registered
320 Posts
You can reach between seat and rocker panel. My plastics broke when pulling out the engine. After breaking one side which is okay you can't tell I used this method on another side.

·
Registered
986 Posts
As said remove the 2 torx from the inside panel, that let's the outer panel loose so you can just easily pull it back and reach in

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all for the advice!

With a little wood wedge to spread the plastic after the 2 inside Torx were removed it was easy enough. it helps when you're not working in the dark either. A light in there sure helped me see what was going on as it was just a little tricky in the dark.

I makes no sense why that outside nut wasn't tacked in there like the inside lap belt bolt is.

Again thanks for the help.

UtahWC.

Just turned 2 miles over on the odometer... and haven't even needed the seat belts yet! So far so good.

·
Registered
263 Posts
For those of you that have already removed the stock seat belts, is there enough room to get in there to tack weld the nuts for the outside mounts, as well?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
For those of you that have already removed the stock seat belts, is there enough room to get in there to tack weld the nuts for the outside mounts, as well?

I would remove the plastic side panel, which only has a few more bolts holding it on.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The only stock belt attachment that has a nutplate is the one at the center console. All others have a nut you need to get to. the upper and aft ones are obvious. The outboard lap belt attachment requires the removal of a couple of the plastic panel screws to strategically fit a wrench in there. I don't remember it being that difficult. I do remember having the new belt attachment nearby and ready so that I could continue to hold the nut in place while I carefully inserted the bolt through the new belt and threaded it into the nut. Of course you probably could just remove that plastic panel but it will only save hassle, not time.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The easiest way to do it is to remove the two bolts (#9) holding the side cover on from inside the cab & the bolt (#3) & fender clip from inside the wheel well.

This will allow you to pull the side cover back far enough to get both arms in and even allow enough room to get a arc welder in there to tak the bolt if desired.

See Diagram below

View attachment 3280
Mike

·
Registered
386 Posts
I pulled the plastic back and stuck a 1/2 roll of paper towels in to hold it, then my 12 yr old son was able to get his smaller hands inthere and get a wrench on it.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
dang i have belts ordered i hope i dont break the plastic doing the change over ,,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts