Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Under normal circumstances I would not be wanting the weekend to be over. In this case Monday is the day my Cat gets delivered!!! Those of you who have already got them and put some time on them any feedback? Good or bad? So far I have heard that it would be nice to have an engine temp sensor. Anything other than that? Also, anyone come across any half windows yet? I found one on sidebysidesports website but I'm not much of a fan of the looks of the half window on there.

Anyone in SoCal going out Presidents day weekend? This is my first SxS and I'm wondering the best spots for them. I don't want to go to the sand until I break in the motor.

Thanks,
Tyler

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
man get that thang in the sand boy you will not hurt it. come on that what it was made for :racer: in the sand. are you sure it coming monday jack will be at glamis you know him the what up doc.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah they got shipped Wednesday from Arctic Cat. How does everyone feel about the whole motor break-in deal. I doubt I will be able to go 500 miles under 3/4 throttle.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Welcome To The Site
Just Go Beat The Piss Out Of It Thats What I Did With NP :cool:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Yeah they got shipped Wednesday from Arctic Cat. How does everyone feel about the whole motor break-in deal. I doubt I will be able to go 500 miles under 3/4 throttle.
I would get it and let it idle up to operating temp. Then run it down the road pretty hard for a minute or two. Not full throttle, but hard enough to make it heat up and seat the rings. Then turn it off and let it cool down totally. Do it one more time, and you should be good. That's what a lot of small engine builders that I know know recommend doing. Its pretty quick and easy.....................

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would get it and let it idle up to operating temp. Then run it down the road pretty hard for a minute or two. Not full throttle, but hard enough to make it heat up and seat the rings. Then turn it off and let it cool down totally. Do it one more time, and you should be good. That's what a lot of small engine builders that I know know recommend doing. Its pretty quick and easy.....................
Thanks! That sounds much more doable than the whole 300 mile 1/2 throttle 500 3/4. Great picture BTW. I notice you are from Queen Creek. I'm gonna be bringing the cat out to Tempe in a couple months to visit my girlfriend's cousins. Where is a good place to go out there with a SxS?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts