Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
AC WC X LTD, Dragonfire harness, snorkel, 5k winch, Bad Dawg box, AJ Tubguards, billet door latches
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2018 WC X LTD for two seasons and I'm feeling that the clutch requires a little more revs to "catch". I don't drive it that hard (or often) and I open the case every year to inspect the belt and blow out the moving parts of the primary side. I've never had to change a belt (although I recognize that I should practice!). Every year, the inside of the clutch casing is clean and shiny, the belt seems good, and the sheaves are clean and suitably smooth. Given the need to "rev up" to get the clutch to engage, I am assuming that it is the primary side weights that need some active cleaning because the secondary side adjusts based on torque, not speed.

Should I go through the trouble of removing, disassembling, and cleaning the primary clutch on a bench or can I spray something while it is still installed to help the clutch "catch" with less revs? I know there are a few clutch upgrades out there but I don't think I push my SxS hard enough to justify! Thanks in advance for helping a newb!

·
Administrator
28,113 Posts
You could, never hurts as there are plenty of moving / wearable parts. I recommend trying the easiest option first. Install a new belt. The "belt seems good" arguments are always very subjective. If you've had it on for a couple of years, IMO, it's time for a change. See if your car runs any better.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Hey J Paul, if ever interested in selling your 2018 please let me know, I am looking for one.

Thanks
AJ Long / RADZ

Reactions: J Paul
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.