Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, is this part of the frame an easy fix or will I be in for a hefty repair? Possible to straighten the tube or can I buy this front section of the frame? Thanks.
FE45C932-9A4E-4C90-8A7C-DAABFE09E9EB.jpeg
19F57B64-84C9-4FB4-BC45-A0013CF94F5A.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
You can go to the online parts resources and figure out what is available. I use countrycat.com.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My concern is the frame tubing damage in front of the radiator, not sure if that tube can be unbolted and replaced or if I need to try and straighten it? The plastics are easy to replace.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts

Again, you could have gotten that info yourself from the parts explosion.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
View attachment 251618

View attachment 251618

I did look at that diagram and it doesn’t show clearly (or I’m missing it) if that part of the frame can be replaced or if I need to replace the entire frame. I can’t see a point in that diagram where I can tell if it unbolts from the rest of the frame so that’s why I asked. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Trace the outside bottom frame tube forward, up past the door hinges and out to the front. No flanges, and no separate item # flag.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Straighten it out and have a piece fabbed in. If you can’t handle the job strip the plastics and deliver to a willing body shop or race fab shop and have them do the repair. Probably cheaper then buying a frame let alone swapping everything.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Good suggestion. If I had a choice, I would go to a race fab shop. They will be accustomed to making parts from scratch and proper repair technique on a tube frame vehicle. A bodyshop mostly works from vehicle specific repair parts and everything but pickup trucks is unibody construction.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I looked at the pic from what mark posted on the parts and confirmed it with my real life buggy, try to straighten it yourself or take to a race shop.. would be way cheaper then a new frame

·
Registered
10 Posts
I looked at the pic from what mark posted on the parts and confirmed it with my real life buggy, try to straighten it yourself or take to a race shop.. would be way cheaper then a new frame
Don’t waist your time trying to straighten tube it will not go back to normal or be strong as it was that’s a critical part of the front end it needs to be done right find someone that can cut the old bent up tubes and do the fab work

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
A few X measurements to the suspension mounting points and upper shock mounts and you can figure out just how bad it is. you would be amazed what an experienced guy on a frame machine can ”untangle“ in not much time. Body shop rates are surprisingly low. Then deliver it to fab shop to put a new tube in it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A few X measurements to the suspension mounting points and upper shock mounts and you can figure out just how bad it is. you would be amazed what an experienced guy on a frame machine can ”untangle“ in not much time. Body shop rates are surprisingly low. Then deliver it to fab shop to put a new tube in it.
I’m sure they could and maybe dude will go that route, I personally would never go that route I fix broken and bent stuff for a living it’ll never be the same

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where it's damaged it doesn't appear to be structural but I'll get the plastics off it once it arrives and see what it all connects with by the shock. If it's just the corner section I'm sure it can be cut out and a new piece of tubing bent to fit and tig welded with slugs inside the tube and it will be stronger than before. I was having a hard time seeing in the diagram if there was a separate part number for that piece so that's why I was asking. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts