Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Last time I posted on this form I had a 2015 wildcat trail of limited. Worked out great had a lot of modifications the only reason I sold it was to get something I can put four people in.
I came across a orange and black 2014 wildcat 1000 Limited (Might be the X version not sure though) four seater with 2500 miles.
It has a Full light bar in the front a small light bar in the back, Black front and rear bumpers. it has Bluetooth speakers, a full windshield, fender flares front and rear, 4500 pound winch, manual windshield wiper, a canvas top with the rear window. Tires are great, typical wear and tear for the year.
the EPS does not work (which scares me, my 2015 EPS was flawless)
I did test drive it even without EPS and the only time I really noticed it was going super slow in tight turns.
They said the only issue they ever had was it blew a belt once and when it did it broke the primary clutch I guess. So they had that replaced with a new belt and have not had an issue since.

Thoughts? Help on EPS? Would a secondary spring alone help with response, power or anything? How much HP does this 1000 make?

·
Administrator
27,616 Posts
I think that's not an X, but I can't be certain. I believe HP is around 92? Why doesn't the EPS work? Did he tell you? Is it just a faulty connection, possibly a broken wire? You need power steering in a 4 seater, IMO.

·
Administrator
27,616 Posts
Oh yeah, don't forget harnesses!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that's not an X, but I can't be certain. I believe HP is around 92? Why doesn't the EPS work? Did he tell you? Is it just a faulty connection, possibly a broken wire? You need power steering in a 4 seater, IMO.
No idea why EPS doesn’t work Yet. I Have not looked at it yet. He did not even think it had EPS. He Is not very mechanically inclined, at all. Lucky he new where to put fuel in the machine. Seriously.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look for broken wire r a fuse has to be pretty hard to steer with four in it
It wasn’t super hard. I really noticed it at slow speeds turning.
I guess after a lot of reading I wish it made little more power.
I paid $12,300 to much?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
so 1, your eps seems to work- otherwise you nearly couldnt steer...

2, dont waste your money on some little HP gains...

service it good- motor clutch etc- you will need your money for repairs...;-)

and the power you have takes you everywhere with no problems...except dunes maybe...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm....well It surely does not feel like it is working. Def not like other EPS units I have felt in other machines.

def no dunes here in Maine lol
Dirt, rocks, woods and mud.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hmmm....well It surely does not feel like it is working. Def not like other EPS units I have felt in other machines.

def no dunes here in Maine lol
Dirt, rocks, woods and mud.
I have a 2014 2 seat 1000 Ltd, nice machine and plenty of power. I have a custom built clutch that lets me run 32" tires with no issues.

On the steering... check your rack, I don't think you could steer at all without power assist. Mine has had trouble before. The bushings are cheap and seize up, there is also a felt pad that gets tangled in the slider making it difficult to steer. Mine will stick, then dart all at once. I'm looking to upgrade but haven't had luck finding anything, so we're gonna custom build a unit. For now, I spray my slider with WD-40 dry lube and makes a huge difference.
My son has a 2018, not much better. His rack worked loose inside, bad enough to bend a tie rod. We broke his unit down, replaced stop screws and added blue locktite. Then we drilled and tapped to add grease jerks, filled with white lithium grease and hit the trail. No more issues with his.

Jack up front end with tires barely off ground. Loosen the bolts holding the slider in place. Turn the steering wheel from left to right several times and let it relax, then tighten bolts. I do this everytime my front end gets airborne and lands hard.

I've also heard reports of the steering cable itself going bad...

Good luck and enjoy your machine!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts