Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was convinced i would be an xp owner, till i saw the 1st video of the wildcat, i decided to wait till it i could test drive it. i have never rode in or drove the xp. oh, and i did order the wildcat.

i was curious if any xp owners were jumping ship to buy the wildcat?
what was the main reason you switched?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I own a xp but I'm not jumping ship just yet. Going to watch how it all goes for the wildcat for its first year. Plus I don't dune, none of tht here in southeast texas, but it does look fun as hell. just mud and trails is wht we have around here so I'm curious how the cat will perform with a big lift and mud tires.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a XP and also buying a wildcat for the wifey... The XP engine is sick and besides the 2000 dollar shock upgrade Im having to do to make it a more comfy ride off of jumps and plain stupidity, I love the thing.. But, all things evolve, and why buy old technology.. My wifey wanted a new XP, then we tested out the wildcat.. Power steering and better interior sold her on it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had a XTZ Prowler (not inpressed with durability) then got a RZR (so far so good) Im waiting to see if AC got there shit together with engineering and customer service. If not forget it. Suspension or not you cant run with blown engine and trans..... Sorry AC lovers you asked

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
i was on the fence so i said i will get bolt xp and wildcat had rzrs have the xp and love it and sure i will love the wildcat

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The XP really is a nice machine overall. But anyone who thinks the suspension in the XP is anywhere near that of the Wildcat is deluding themselves. After driving the XP for a few days, I can say that with 100% certainty.................

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
You have to not be afraid to hammer it to extract the speed out of the XP suspension, and most are too afraid to hammer it so they think it doesn't work well.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a XTZ Prowler (not inpressed with durability) then got a RZR (so far so good) Im waiting to see if AC got there shit together with engineering and customer service. If not forget it. Suspension or not you cant run with blown engine and trans..... Sorry AC lovers you asked
i feel your pain, i have already put a rear diff and repaired front diff on my rzr-s i think all machines can break

·
Registered
285 Posts
So far it's amazing how a little snowmobile company has gotten the attention of the SxS market. You can only imagine how much different these vehicles would be today if Yamaha and Honda were more seriously involved.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I second that the xp suspension work fine if you have the balls to hold it wide open
I respectfully disagree. I had the XP pinned entering the whoops at the bottom of Patton Hill. I kept it to the floor up until the point that I was now going sideways. And after trying it several times, I was staring at the ground, with the ass end in the air, more than I could see where I was going.......................

·
Registered
95 Posts
I respectfully disagree. I had the XP pinned entering the whoops at the bottom of Patton Hill. I kept it to the floor up until the point that I was now going sideways. And after trying it several times, I was staring at the ground, with the ass end in the air, more than I could see where I was going.......................
Was this over NY's weekend? If so I think I saw you doing this!!! LOL With the Coginito shock upgrade the XP will take the woops pinned, but be careful of the unseen G outs @ the bottom of Patton hill to the east, I hit 1 @ 50 mph & thought I was going for the forward summersalt up the hill! Out of the box it looks like the W/C suspention is a lot better than the XP, but with upgrades I think the XP is back in the race!! That said I'm not going to get rid of my XP for the W/C, I'm just going to continue upgrading what I have!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Soulds like poor driving skills to me!

Probable not wearing seat belt and helmet too.. right?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Soulds like poor driving skills to me!

Probable not wearing seat belt and helmet too.. right?
Hahaha! Nice try. I know exactly what I am doing. And it doesn't take much driving skill to hammer a UTV straight through the whoops. Probably should check yourself before you call me out. I have been to the Coral Pinks over in your area. They don't even have whoops except for leaving the camping area, and they are pretty small. I don't wear a helmet in a UTV at the dunes though. I am guessing only about 2% of people do..................

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree with you Dentless. I've been in the same situation with my XP through the whoops at Patton. Seems like there is a smaller margin of error wth the XP suspension. After driving the WC I'm sure anyone could hit those whoops at full speed and have the suspension soak them up. Not everyone has the ability to drive like Robbie Gordon.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Dentless is the girl in your avatar trying to show what happens when you try and go over whoops too fast in an xp?:naughty:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts