Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from the first trip. To anyone that knows the area I was out in Willow Valley, AZ (about 10 minutes from Needles) at the river. All I can say is WOW! Put 70 miles on it through deep whoops, tight trails, and some areas of pretty soft sand. It had no problem transitioning from one to the next. Found a nice little tabletop with a perfect lander and it was extremely smooth. I did NOT lose the cover that people have mentioned they have lost but I will probably throw a piece of electrical tape over it just in case. There were a bunch of people with RZRs that could not stop staring and talking about the cat. They were not very happy when they saw me going 50 through about 3' deep whoops waving at them.:fingersx: Gave one guy a ride and he said he wished he didn't buy a RZR. He asked what the travel was on the cat then said he wished he didn't ask.

I loved every minute of the weekend but have three complaints. 1) The tabs that hold the nets on the door rattle shultz77 has already figured out to take the bolt off and throw a piece of 1/4 fuel line in there as a spacer. 2) The doors are kinda hard to open, sometimes you have to kind of yank on it. I found that slight adjustments of the straps on the nets kind of help this but I think I need to adjust the latch itself. It does have alot of room for adjustment. 3) NEEDS A PARKING BRAKE!!! I parked facing down on a hill and could not get it out of park without someone pushing about an inch to get pressure off the gears. Anyone have any ideas here?

Unfortunately I didn't get any picture of the jump but here are some pictures that we did get.

407558_10150545141476666_501256665_9105691_287285537_n.jpg 418960_10150545141241666_501256665_9105687_970649925_n.jpg 430995_10150545141436666_501256665_9105690_559804413_n.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Try giving it a little gas to get it to shift..Rev it a little and then slap it into gear as the RPM gets closer to idle speed / slows down after being rev'd up.

It worked for me at least...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This jump isn't much, hell I'm not sure that it was enough to get the front wheels off the ground with all the suspension this thing has. But, here it is.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try giving it a little gas to get it to shift..Rev it a little and then slap it into gear as the RPM gets closer to idle speed / slows down after being rev'd up.

It worked for me at least...
So basically like a manual transmission in a truck with a bad clutch.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Great thread Billy, glad you guys are enjoying your new machine. If you are ever up this way give me a shout. BTW: Which whip did you go with? I got the wife talked into getting one, just don't know which one to get.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sweet....tanks for the post and vid Hellbilly.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great thread Billy, glad you guys are enjoying your new machine. If you are ever up this way give me a shout. BTW: Which whip did you go with? I got the wife talked into getting one, just don't know which one to get.
I got the SafetyGlo LED. I will be in Vegas this weekend but not with the cat. I don't plan on being able to drive anything this weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts