Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The speaker I installed is powered by a JBL Marine grade amplifier which i mounted under the passenger dash. I bought the setup anticipating that I would be able to mount both speakers behind the passenger seats but the rear down bars get in the way. It has a very clean sound and can be heard very well over the engine. I haven't had the opportunity to really crank it up yet but I am beyond excited to let it rip. They are designed for wakeboards to hear them behind a boat driving at 30 MPH while being over 75 feet away. I doubt I will ever crank it up to full volume.

I do have the other speaker they came as a set for $550 that i am willing to sell for $250 Shipped. Let me know if you are interested. The speakers are marine grade so you don't need to worry about the cones getting wet or anything like that.

Speaker Used Kicker KMT60: Kicker KMT60 (11KMT6) 6.5" Horn Loaded Wakeboard Tower Speakers

image_1.jpeg image_2.jpeg image_3.jpeg image_4.jpeg

·
Registered
84 Posts
nice.....ive got the rear windshield on mine so they wouldnt fit,however i found simular speaker system that did including map lights. google search.....
[h=1]VDP Trail Tunes[/h]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What stereo head unit did u use? Send me pics
I ran from the amp to a gain control knob to control volume that then goes onto RCA s that covert to 3.5mm mini so I can plug my iPod in and put it in my overhead bag. I mounted the gain knob below the forward switches so both the driver and passenger can control volume. The one speaker is louder than I can even listen to. A little over half volume starts hurting my ears with the speaker bridged.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What amp are you running? How much was that amp?
The amp is a JBL MA 6002. Marine amp. I mounted it under the passenger dash. I just finished hooking up the second speaker as the other member above and damn am I pleased. When I tried it before it didn't have the top on the 4 seater and it looked stupid. Now it's all hooked up and sounds amazing. I just tuned the freq. as well! Couldn't be happier with my setup.

·
Registered
463 Posts
what are you guys using to hook up your ipod? also i want to be able to change the song without having to use the ipod. any ideas?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I use the RF steering wheel controller makes things easy. Part Number: IPNRFCS by schosch

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I use the RF steering wheel controller makes things easy. Part Number: IPNRFCS by schosch
I considered getting this but opted for the inexpensive Bluetooth remote instead. The only time I see myself needing to change songs is when I'm sitting in camp and I'm using the speaker system from my camp chair. Otherwise I have my Riding Playlist that i just let skip around, or i turn on Pandora.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I want to run the same speaker set up but only one speaker not the pair. Anyone want to buy the other kicker speaker if I buy the pair?

·
Registered
107 Posts
could you actually hear the music very well with a helmet on? what about if you put a Muzzy's exhaust system on it? Chad

1 - 18 of 18 Posts