Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read spec information that was released and this new Kawasaki side-by-side looks like they knocked it out of the park but they gave no specs on the engine horsepower. I really like the looks of it it will be interesting to get the full rundown on it but unfortunately I sold my wildcat XX because I realized I could not afford it but if I was in the market I would take a real serious look at this machine.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The article I read didn’t give horsepower way with wheelbase for any of that I like the fact that they put the logs 31 inch tires 15 inches front 21 inch rear travel and watch the video it looks pretty nice

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
1900 lb weight with 112 hp ??

They didn't knock anything out of any park.
That is the wet weight. If they built this like the regular Teryx it is built like a brick shit house. I think the 99" wheelbase and the 19/21" of suspension is pretty solid. 68" wide is not bad either.

For a non-turbo model is it pretty nice.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never been hung up on horsepower when I still had my ex ex I rode a friends Turbo razor with a fully programmable Boondocker turbo system set up to run everything from regular to raise gas and my ex ex Kept up with it just fine Kawasaki industrial is known for its quality and dependability. I like it a lot and when It get in the inventory here at the local dealers I’m gonna go try and take one for a test ride.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
HCR already has a long travel kit making it 72 inches. Thats impressive right out of the gate, now they need to release a turbo kit like Honda did.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How often is the average guy going to be gone over 68 miles an hour in their side-by-side I never did that my wildcat XX and I ran the crap out of it

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
kawa usa has a lot of nice vids-

i personally like it more then he honda or yamaha-

some things- oil sight glass- storage behind seats- seems comfy with car like doors...beadlocks- 31tires...

https://www.youtube.com/user/KawasakiTV/videos?disable_polymer=1

parallel twin like honda-

HP freaks wil be frustrated...
seems a good massive trailmachine...like the xx ;-) !?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I agree the oil sight glass is convenient. CVT temp sensor is nice too. I don't need the highest numbers on the planet. Great looking machine & assuming Kawasaki's typical reliability. For the riding I do, they hit it out of the park.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Make sure you test this turd bucket on flat pavement. LOL

That is unfortunate they governed the top speed to 68mph. They must of thought it was for the watercraftt. LOL! The tuners will have a reason to sell tunes for this new Kawi to get rid of the speed limiter.

My XP1000 did 80mph.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
K&T has a kit for it that allegedly is 170hp to the wheels.
Im not surprised but now the sxs is at $28k plus and no warranty. Might as well get the new CanAM with 190hp for a few ponies more IMO but good things are obviously will continue to come and seeing my boat is taking all my extra dough at the moment, I am forced to enjoy my reliable 13 wetclutch turbo cat a few more years. Hell Im leading 90% of the rides in Glamis anyways except when I rolled with you and Jason lol.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Make sure you test this turd bucket on flat pavement. LOL

I am wondering if the guy in the video had the right power mode. There is a high performance mode and a slower mode. If he had in the lower performance mode it would explain why it is a slug and could only get to 68mph. If it was in the high power mode and that is all it has, then it is a slow ass turd. The Japanese version of a Wildcat cat - all the stats and no guts. LOL!

https://www.kawasaki.com/sidexside/teryx/teryx-2-passenger-sport/Teryx-KRX-1000?cm_re=GLOBALNAV-_-PRODUCTGROUPLIST-_-MPP

1 - 20 of 35 Posts