Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of these AC storage bags a while back and I've hesitated on installing them. Seems to me the bags themselves and anything stored in them is gonna be wet ,muddy and completely filthy in no time . Does anyone here have them installed and how useful are they?

·
Registered
2014 Wildcat Trail XT
319 Posts
I use mine to hold my phone, keys & wallet as there is minimal dust and water gets in there. Also have some other things I leave in there all the time, I just keep them in a ziploc bag, so that when I am washing it they stay dry.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went ahead and installed mine today and they do look good. I guess on the trail any extra storage is useful. I'm thinking like you , everything in ziplock bags.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I went ahead and installed mine today and they do look good. I guess on the trail any extra storage is useful. I'm thinking like you , everything in ziplock bags.

Sorry ... I just noticed the double post

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I got a set of these AC storage bags a while back and I've hesitated on installing them. Seems to me the bags themselves and anything stored in them is gonna be wet ,muddy and completely filthy in no time . Does anyone here have them installed and how useful are they?
I have them and I keep a cordless impact and other tools in there. I don't play in the water or mud, so I couldn't tell you about that. They keep out the dust and have been very durable, considering the tools I have stuffed into them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought about zip tieing them to the roll cage somewhere higher but i couldn't find a good spot.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I gues you could but I don't want to lose any wiggle room inside that cab, It's tight enuf now with me and the wife and the dog lol. And depending what you store in it, it's just more weight on those flimsy hinges. But thanks Tn32268 I'll have a look tomorrow and see if that will work.

Reactions: Tn32268

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I gues you could but I don't want to lose any wiggle room inside that cab, It's tight enuf now with me and the wife and the dog lol. And depending what you store in it, it's just more weight on those flimsy hinges. But thanks Tn32268 I'll have a look tomorrow and see if that will work.
I don't know how they mount....but as I was reading this thread....I was thinking to myself that maybe I could mount them to my doors somehow... Like I said I'm not sure how they mount but looks like Velcro....?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Go to the dealer and trade them in on some overhead bags made to fit the funky cage we have. I dont have any dirt in mine and dont see much moisture in there either but my stuff is in bags. Found a ziplock bag of shotgun shells in there the other day and they were fine. Must have been in there for at least a year. I forget i have the bags cause they are so tucked away and i never think to use them. Good spot to shove tools, out of the way and weight kept low down.

·
Registered
987 Posts
The cage bag and the between the seat bag does the bulk of important stuff. Usually a couple clevis and my favorite strap in the side bags since they are handy to get at for recovery. Rest of my recovery equipment/tools in tote strapped in bed. I wouldn't get rid of any of the storage bags

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.