Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen some posts about Trails, melting plastic and recalls for a heat shield. I bought mine used, called Arctic Cat and they said all recalls were done on my VIN but heat shield was not one if them. Based on these pics, does anyone know if I have the most updated factory heat shield. Besides the pics of the exhaust the last pic is the back of the passenger side plastic behind the passenger seat... is there any other recommendations to keep it cool? Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
I’m pretty sure that’s the updated piece of aluminum foil heat shield. The original was a several piece pop riveted together.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have seen some posts about Trails, melting plastic and recalls for a heat shield. I bought mine used, called Arctic Cat and they said all recalls were done on my VIN but heat shield was not one if them. Based on these pics, does anyone know if I have the most updated factory heat shield. Besides the pics of the exhaust the last pic is the back of the passenger side plastic behind the passenger seat... is there any other recommendations to keep it cool? Thanks
Like Sak kitty said, and the firewall was replaced in that recall as well. Different profile to it for the melt issue.

Reactions: TubecatGS
1 - 3 of 3 Posts