Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for a low cost LED headlight bulb replacement. I gotta figure Textron used a somewhat standard bulb/socket setup on these bundles of pure joy and there has to be a $20-30 led bulb available at one of the big box retailers.
Anyone here found one? Awesome off road has them for $69, but I’m not on a fixed income(pun intended in case the father in law is viewing ;)) so every dollar wasted, um.... I mean invested counts.

·
Premium Member
8,036 Posts
is this one bulb or a pair of them (2)?...

·
Registered
29 Posts
When shopping for leds , the lights you need are H-13 leds I found mine on Walmart.com lots to choose from, paid $24. and very bright, big improvement over dim halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I got a set of white/yellow H13's, in fear of getting the ban hammer from hollywood I wont post a link. Do a search for H13 3000/6000k bulbs

They are great, EXCEPT there is a wiring issue for HI/LOW beam that I need to get fixed. The XX always shows I'm on HI beam no matter what position the switch is on and they either run yellow or white. I really like the yellow color even at night. they are a tight fit next to the radiator too.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just ordered LED bulbs for my Jeep Wrangler. On the site that I ordered them, I asked if they had bulb kits for our Wildcat XX. They just wrote me back asking to confirm the bulb size . Can anyone here help me with this info, or is H-13 all I need to tell them ?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Product Audio equipment Font Cameras & optics Technology

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got these off ebay. I liked that they have nice big heat sinks and are waterproof. Going on a year with no probs.

Lows and Highs compared on my dirty shop door.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead. My wildcat xx came with a set of similar bulbs, look like the picture in post #7 in the thread. 8000 lumen bulbs. There was apparently some issue with them with previous owner as he did not have a fuse in the HI Beam slot, and i recently started blowing the low beam fuse if I turn on the headlights. It's an instant pop, like a short. I disconnected the bulbs today and am able to keep a 10amp fuse in the fuse block with no issues, appears to be bulb.

I guess my question is this, do I need to run a larger fuse, like a 15 or 20amp for these aftermarket bulbs or do I just have faulty ones and should replace?

·
Premium Member
2,662 Posts
Wasteland 1080, I have the Beamtech setup. We always have the low beams on, even during the day. I probably have not run the high beams longer than 5 or 6 minute bursts. No issues with fuses, still running whatever AC installed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wasteland 1080, I have the Beamtech setup. We always have the low beams on, even during the day. I probably have not run the high beams longer than 5 or 6 minute bursts. No issues with fuses, still running whatever AC installed.
I know this is probably a dumb question but what exactly is the part number on the replacement head light bulbs?
I have the H 13 part but isn’t there a specific number?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,036 Posts
bought ours through amazon typing "BeamTech H13 L.E.D. Headlight Bulbs" in the search line...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts