Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm almost exclusively dunes and I WILL need paddles. I'm new to the UTV scene but in the little research I've done it looks like 14" paddles are going to be hard to come by and expensive. So...

Is it a bad idea to go with, say, a 12" wheel and paddle? And what about the weight of the vehicle on these tires? I'm kind-of assuming these paddles would be for an ATV... roughly 1/3 the weight of a wildcat (@1305# +people).

So what to do about paddles on a wildcat? Keep in mind we don't want to look like too much of a dork out there with tiny wheels and low profile tires.

Suggestions? comments?

Also, I have seen a paddle tire test on a RZR XP site and they give some suggestions but I want to hear what my fellow members say.

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ken

Fullerton Sand Tires in Stanton, California has all the answers.

Fullerton Sand Sports is your source for performance tires and wheels.
714-484-5996 • 8322 A Standustrial, Stanton, CA 90680

© 2006 - 2010 Fullerton Sand Sports. All Rights Reserved.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I am pretty sure they had to go with 14" wheels to accommodate the brakes, rotors, and suspension linkage on this thing. I doubt 12s will fit without some modifications. With this much power, I am sure a couple trips to the dunes with knobbies wont hurt me................

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am pretty sure they had to go with 14" wheels to accommodate the brakes, rotors, and suspension linkage on this thing. I doubt 12s will fit without some modifications.
Ah yeah... didn't think about that

·
Registered
95 Posts
x3 on fullerton! Ijust orderd my set up for my xp! the 14" wheel delima could be an issue!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wheel offset may make some off the wheel size requirement issues moot. Hopefully they will be able to run a smaller wheel, less rotating mass.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I got the 26" stu 16 paddle 3/4 stagger cut & smoothies on douglas reds w/ lugs delivered for under 1500! Not what i would call a great deal but Dave went out & spent the time to find what worked thats worth alot to me!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah that's what I'm afraid of... the $$$. Well the videos show that it'll work fine with stock tires... maybe not optimum but they'll work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You get what you pay for. Dave at Fullerton know his tires and wheels, he spends a lot of time researching his tires, sizes, cuts and quality. If you want performance this is where you go. If you just need paddles go somewhere else.

·
Banned
441 Posts
Dave made a set for my Tecate in 88,amazinly different in performance.Since then I only buy sand tires there now!:cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Guys,

We just got our first batch of 14" paddles in. Very wide stance. They are similar to the Douglas Doonz but 14".

PM me for a link to them. It wont let me post a link right now.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Hey Guys,

We just got our first batch of 14" paddles in. Very wide stance. They are similar to the Douglas Doonz but 14".

PM me for a link to them. It wont let me post a link right now.
Welcome To The Site
Pm 4nines sure He Can Help You Out On The Links

·
Registered
3 Posts
A big thanks to Suzuki6 for obtaining the pics and also for having the frame of mind to obtain the tire and rim size.. thank you

·
Registered
791 Posts
1 - 20 of 98 Posts