Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We know that nothing can make your Wildcat standout from the crowd like a nice set of Wheels and Tires! So here's your forum section dedicated entirely to Arctic Cat Wildcat wheel and tire discussions :cool:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any 26x14 paddles even being made right now? That is definitely a different size. It was hard enough finding 12s before...........

·
Registered
377 Posts
Duro Kaden 14-in tires - I wish they had went with 12" rims, I like how 12" tires ride better than 14" IMHO I had 26.5 X 14 pitbull rockers on my 08 rzr and now have 26.5 X 12 pitbull rockers on my S - huge difference

·
Registered
39 Posts
Duro Kaden 14-in tires - I wish they had went with 12" rims, I like how 12" tires ride better than 14" IMHO I had 26.5 X 14 pitbull rockers on my 08 rzr and now have 26.5 X 12 pitbull rockers on my S - huge difference
Are you sure the s model suspension didn't make it ride better and not the tires?

·
Registered
686 Posts
they went with 14" rims because of the brakes. notice how the front rotors and calipers fill the 14" wheel up. hop on a commander or in a RZR and try to stop them from 60mph, or even 40mph. it will leave you begging for better brakes. believe me, right now you may be thinking "man i gotta go find and buy 14" paddles what a pain i have 6 sets of 12s" but when you get the machine you will thank them for the 14" wheels, they were a necessity for the big brakes to haul this rocket to a stop.

·
Registered
39 Posts
they went with 14" rims because of the brakes. notice how the front rotors and calipers fill the 14" wheel up. hop on a commander or in a RZR and try to stop them from 60mph, or even 40mph. it will leave you begging for better brakes. believe me, right now you may be thinking "man i gotta go find and buy 14" paddles what a pain i have 6 sets of 12s" but when you get the machine you will thank them for the 14" wheels, they were a necessity for the big brakes to haul this rocket to a stop.
Adam did you help with the clutch in these?

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really hope the Wildcats brakes are as big and as good as they look!

I have to disagree with you on the RZR's brakes however. I've run the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb TWICE on the stock breaks and I've averaged 60 mph + through 156 turns and seen top speeds of almost 100 mph with no issues. I have the video and times to back it up.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
100mph in a RZR?? On dirt?? Even with the tire spin? It must do 125 on pavement. Thats fast...............

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
4Nines You Must Be One Crazy Dude Wow The Vids You Put Up Great:)

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
4Nines is a man on a mission when it comes to racing his RZR on Pikes Peak. Love all the photos and videos from this years run.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Watching His Vids Is Making Me Want The Pitbull Tires

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad you guys like them! I always try and make my videos feel like you're riding ride there with me. I'm hoping to enter several more rally type races this year and I'm going to keep tweaking the RZR-X until AC kicks me a Wildcat to race in ;)

·
Registered
686 Posts
I really hope the Wildcats brakes are as big and as good as they look!

I have to disagree with you on the RZR's brakes however. I've run the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb TWICE on the stock breaks and I've averaged 60 mph + through 156 turns and seen top speeds of almost 100 mph with no issues. I have the video and times to back it up.

you run tiny tires that are light. put a set of 28"+ tires on it. it dont quite stop on a dime anymore. i have 26,000 miles on my arctic cat with stock brakes, and stock pads, but i still have factory sized tires. but still guys who put 29" tires on them cant make 300 miles on stock brakes. just how it goes with tiny tires versus a little meat.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Is that an R1 motor in your RZR 4Nines? It looks scary fun!! Luckily you are low and wide..............

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you run tiny tires that are light. put a set of 28"+ tires on it. it dont quite stop on a dime anymore. i have 26,000 miles on my arctic cat with stock brakes, and stock pads, but i still have factory sized tires. but still guys who put 29" tires on them cant make 300 miles on stock brakes. just how it goes with tiny tires versus a little meat.
Nope, 27'' tall tires that are almost 11'' wide and the same brakes are the stock OEM rotors with over 4,000 miles on them and I raced the exact same set of brakes two years in a row. All I did was replace the pads last year before Pikes Peak. Oh and all those miles have been well over 100 whp and this year it's 260 hp!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts