Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about installing a lift kit on my 2019 trail XT, but Im not sure if its a good or bad idea. Any opinions, good or bad, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I put the SuperATV lift kit in my Trail and I didn't really care for it so I took it back out. It made the ride stiffer than I cared for.

I lost track of the bolts, but I still have the front bracket and rear shock spacers. Other than bolts these are the only three pieces to the kit. I'll sell you those pieces for $60.00 plus shipping. I'm sure you can get the bolts you need at any hardware store, and the installation instructions are on their website. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
The installation of the front lift bracket gives you couple inches of extra GC while allowing you to run the springs at the same rate so you don't loose your ride quality. The rear spacer simply compresses the rear spring an extra 2" or so, you can accomplish the same by compressing the rear spring with the adjuster the same amount. A much better method is the purchase of different springs for the rear. A search under here "Summit" should get you some spring rates, I believe the ones I ordered for my Trail were 200 or 225 lb rates.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all the reply's. The stock model has low clearance, so I was looking for something to give it a bit more. Another reason was that I purchased a Diamondback truck rack to carry the wildcat around on the back of my RAM 3500. The rack is solid, but on level ground the bottom of the trail was scraping on the ramps where they connect to the rear extension. When I have a slope to back up to, its no problem, but will that be available everywhere I go? Nope. Attached is a pic showing the problem. 20191124_112841.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put the SuperATV lift kit in my Trail and I didn't really care for it so I took it back out. It made the ride stiffer than I cared for.

I lost track of the bolts, but I still have the front bracket and rear shock spacers. Other than bolts these are the only three pieces to the kit. I'll sell you those pieces for $60.00 plus shipping. I'm sure you can get the bolts you need at any hardware store, and the installation instructions are on their website. PM me if you're interested.
Thanks for the offer, and if I wasnt in a hurry to get this done, I would have taken you up on it. But with the cold temps here, minus a heated garage, and the fact we will be leaving for AZ soon, I took it to the stealership to have the arctic cat lift kit installed. Im curious how it will ride, and if it solves the loading problem that I pointed out in this thread.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the offer, and if I wasnt in a hurry to get this done, I would have taken you up on it. But with the cold temps here, minus a heated garage, and the fact we will be leaving for AZ soon, I took it to the stealership to have the arctic cat lift kit installed. Im curious how it will ride, and if it solves the loading problem that I pointed out in this thread.
Arctic Cat makes a lift kit for the Trail???

·
Registered
129 Posts
mud pro makes a lift kit that you can still use the under hood storage box on all the 700 trail, xt

·
Registered
288 Posts
put bandit heavy springs and 28" tires. you can get the ground clearance to 13"-14" without feeling tippy and still have a comfortable ride

Reactions: DeanTeck and mtgott

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
that's the way we went with both our trails...28" tires and heavy duty bandit springs (at the time the only rated ones they carried)...big difference in maintaining ground clearance vs oems...

Reactions: mtgott and toyman
1 - 15 of 15 Posts